sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Just now, jonny1403 said:

You've got 5-6 Newcastle fans actively disagreeing with you on this. You're coming across as deluded in the extreme. I don't base my opinion on how good or bad Sunderland are. I base it on the fact Jeff Hendrick is a rotten footballer.

Who in the Sunderland midfield has achieved half as much as Hendrick? 

30 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

You've got 5-6 Newcastle fans actively disagreeing with you on this. You're coming across as deluded in the extreme. I don't base my opinion on how good or bad Sunderland are. I base it on the fact Jeff Hendrick is a rotten footballer.

If you value your opinion so highly I assume you think Jeff will be moving to a top 6 Champ club next season? If not, why not?

And plenty agreeing with me. Like I said before most on here disagreed with me when I said Vurnon Anita wasn't very good, so I'd take that with a pinch of salt anyway. It's fine though. Football is a game of opinions. You have yours and I have mine.

My opinion is that he's nowhere near good enough for the PL but good enough for the vast majority of Championship clubs, such is the huge gulf in quality between the 2 leagues.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Who in the Sunderland midfield has achieved half as much as Hendrick? 

What he's achieved is irrelevant, it's how good he is now that matters and he's rank.

Whatever talent he had has long-since left his body.

8 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

What he's achieved is irrelevant, it's how good he is now that matters and he's rank.

Whatever talent he had has long-since left his body.

I think you're over-rating this Sunderland squad and how average the Championship is. 

Not at all, I watched us be literally 2nd worst team in the PL and Hendrick was nowhere near good enough for us then. 2nd bottom of the PL isn't much if any better than 6th in the Championship.

8 hours ago, Chris_R said:

Not at all, I watched us be literally 2nd worst team in the PL and Hendrick was nowhere near good enough for us then. 2nd bottom of the PL isn't much if any better than 6th in the Championship.

The Sunderland midfield is Pritchard who was in his prime at Huddersfield who went down with 16 points (fits in at Sunderland there I guess), Corey Evans who's been a mid-table Championship plodder the bulk of his career, O'Nien who's been a League 1 plodder the bulk of his career, and a few kids. Hendrick would match up. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Hendrick was literally a main stay at CM for Reading, a team that got relegated from the Championship, and even if they didn't have the 6 point deduction, they'd have still been 19 points behind Sunderland. 

From the little I've seen of Sunderland, they play fast attacking football with intricate passing, which given Hendricks is an absolute nothing midfielder with nothing to his game, would not fit the style of, no way does he get into that Sunderland team.

Oh, and Anita was more then fine for us, he wasn't a world beater, but he certainly wasn't shit. 

12 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

And plenty agreeing with me. Like I said before most on here disagreed with me when I said Vurnon Anita wasn't very good, so I'd take that with a pinch of salt anyway. It's fine though. Football is a game of opinions. You have yours and I have mine.

My opinion is that he's nowhere near good enough for the PL but good enough for the vast majority of Championship clubs, such is the huge gulf in quality between the 2 leagues.

you’ve got around one person agreeing with you and around 7 or 8 wholeheartedly disagreeing with you [emoji38]

Ok, so do you think he’ll be playing for a top 6 championship club next season?

Edited by jonny1403

4 hours ago, jonny1403 said:

you’ve got around one person agreeing with you and around 7 or 8 wholeheartedly disagreeing with you [emoji38]

Ok, so do you think he’ll be playing for a top 6 championship club next season?

Count again please. And how is that even relevant? As I said there's been times on here when plenty of people have disagreed with me but that doesn't mean I'm automatically wrong. You seem to be struggling with the concept that just because someone holds a different opinion to yourself it doesn't mean that they're wrong. Until you can grasp that, a forum that exists on people's opinions probably isn't for you.

I haven't got a clue where he'll end up next season and frankly I don't care. The Championship would be my guess. That's his level. That is also the level Sunderland will be playing at. Plenty of people on here believed Sunderland had their chance of promotion last season and blew it so are clearly expecting a lower/mid table finish for them next year.