sunderland in the EFL

Big River

The gaps don't look that big now but when nearly every club in the top two divisions is sandwiched between 10k and 30k averages, 4k, 8k and 11k (randomly picked) are pretty significant.  Stick an extra 8k (the gap between us and them in 88/89 *despite the heavily boycotted last two games) on our average and we'd have had the fourth highest gate in the country for example.

Edited by Wolfcastle

3 hours ago, Scoot said:

Fink, who compiled this is an old acquaintance of mine, saw him at many games years back.

Good to see what I've always suspected laid out in black and white - we have pretty much always had the higher average attendances, even when we were shite.

Also nice to see the reference to our World record average attendances, which doesn't ever get mentioned - the first club in the world to have averages of 30,000 and then 50,000 (and that was in the second division)!

The mackems grasp on reality is glorious to behold, when they come out with random shite about Durham mags wearing their toon tops but never going to games, that’s because tens of thousands are locked out even a75k stadia wouldn’t be big enough it’s a simple fact, but it doesn’t stop the Bonny lads n lasses proudly displaying their colours,best bit is it’s tearing the mackem half a heeds apart…maybe’s best to compare themselves to a team of compatible size ie Southampton the team that supplied athletic club with red n white colours.

16 hours ago, huss9 said:

been working in sunderland for over 23 years, and on the whole they're quite canny.

very very small minority of dickheads but they all seem to be on RTG.

Are you the fabled mag at work?

4 minutes ago, Paully said:

They'll be making an announcement about a signing in the next few days - I'm actually shocked but I do understand the reasons!

Shortstaff?

35 minutes ago, Paully said:

They'll be making an announcement about a signing in the next few days - I'm actually shocked but I do understand the reasons!

Rigg ? Or one of ours on loan ?

Edited by madras

55 minutes ago, Paully said:

Garang Kuol ain’t it