sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Post from October RTG 

Apparently, some dozy bugger on the bridge works stuck am excavator or something through some infrastructure. They've had to get extra generators in to get enough wattage I'm in the BCB now and the floodlights aren't on yet. Everything is about conserving power to make sure everything works for the length of the match.

2 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

RTG has gone more mental than ever after saturday :lol:

The main football forum part is batshit crazy. Not much moderating, and about 50 threads taking about the same thing.

16 hours ago, ste_ne24 said:

So one of my guilty pleasures is watching stealth camping videos on youtube. It kinda chills me out. There's a couple of Canadian guys who are canny and there is a very nice lass from down south who has the most soothing voice. Then i come across this guy the other day he camps on roundabouts around the Sunderland area and gets drunk with his midget friend :lol:

He did a derby video today #mandingo

I dont know where I thought this was going, but it wasn't that.

A footballer has been found cleared of raping a woman with whom he was "friends with benefits".

Sunderland winger Jack Diamond, 23, had denied raping and sexually assaulting the woman at his home in Fatfield, Washington, on 7 May 2022.

Newcastle Crown Court heard the pair had a casual sexual relationship after matching on a dating app in 2019.

Mr Diamond had claimed all activity was consensual. His lawyer said the past 18 months had been a "nightmare".

The court had heard Mr Diamond and the woman, who cannot be identified, had an on-off relationship which was "95%" sex.

On 7 May she went to his home for a "cuddle" but claimed the footballer "tried to forced himself" upon her.

Mr Diamond said the encounter was entirely consensual and he stopped touching her when she asked him to.

His legal team argued the woman developed feelings for him and was upset when he did not want to make their relationship more serious.

Mr Diamond's lawyer Eleanor Laws KC said the winger, who was suspended by Sunderland and had a loan spell at Lincoln City cancelled after he was charged in March 2023, had endured a "nightmare".

The jury of nine women and three men took about 15 minutes to reach a verdict.

There were cheers from the public gallery and Mr Diamond looked visibly relieved when the verdict was announced.

7 minutes ago, 54 said:

Wow.  It took only 15 minutes to deliberate for a non guilty verdict.

Case shouldn't have even got to court if the evidence was so weak and unconvincing.

There were cheers from the public gallery and Mr Diamond looked visibly relieved when the verdict was announced.

49,000 there for the trial apparently, with another 10,000 listening to the verdict on the radio in the Nissan plant.

16 hours ago, ste_ne24 said:

So one of my guilty pleasures is watching stealth camping videos on youtube. It kinda chills me out. There's a couple of Canadian guys who are canny and there is a very nice lass from down south who has the most soothing voice. Then i come across this guy the other day he camps on roundabouts around the Sunderland area and gets drunk with his midget friend :lol:

He did a derby video today #mandingo

watched a bit of it. Seems a real likeable guy 

On 07/01/2024 at 17:26, Dancing Brave said:

That's disgusting. 

Tell you what, that brings out the worst in me. All the adolescences, and fat fucks, aggressively posturing… even the frankly despicable barracking of Amanda Staveley, barely raised my blood pressure. Just triggered a kind of bemused disappointment. Taking the memory of  the tragic death of such a good man to points score/have a pop… makes me want to inflict extreme violence. 

10 hours ago, Monters said:

Vague memory that they changed to Black Cats when the SoL opened as they were moving from Roker so couldn't be Rokerites any longer... Sure it was mentioned on Look North or the ITV equivalent because the presenter got abuse for suggesting Mackems as a nickname :D No clue where Black Cats came from to be even mentioned though to the initial link could well have been that tour you mention

I think they had a vote no? I was a kid but I remember the naming of the stadium and their nickname being around the same time. Think the Brigadiers of Light was an option?

5 hours ago, gdm said:

I wasn’t prepared for it to be that funny :lol: the amount of times he says sorry guys and the wee fella looks sick of his life after trying the wrap :lol:

Aye, he's class tbf. I didn't expect it to be that engaging. 

The stealth camping on derby day is amazing. 

10 hours ago, joeyt said:

The similarities to Mike Ashley continue

For years their refrain was that we should be happy with what we had and they would kill for an owner like Mike Ashley.

Looks like they got their wish - and this one is even 30 years younger and 50kg lighter so could potentially be around for much, much longer.  Lucky them.

1 hour ago, AJ9 said:

I think they had a vote no? I was a kid but I remember the naming of the stadium and their nickname being around the same time. Think the Brigadiers of Light was an option?

The ‘Black Cats’ vote was on Soccer AM.  The ‘SOS’ decision was announced to a bemused Mackem public without their say-so - and provoked unhappy responses captured for posterity on ‘Premier Pashuns’.  Which they’ll deny now, of course - they always love the ‘SOS’ name, marra

1 hour ago, Pandamninator said:

For years their refrain was that we should be happy with what we had and they would kill for an owner like Mike Ashley.

Looks like they got their wish - and this one is even 30 years younger and 50kg lighter so could potentially be around for much, much longer.  Lucky them.

Exactly. He’s balanced the bewks, too.  

Sorry if already posted, but their fans display group appears to have literally taken the money and run... accounts across all SM platforms gone.

Edited by TK-421

On 07/01/2024 at 16:26, AmericanLooneyToon said:

Are most Sunderland fans like they are on RTG? I'm from the states so I haven't met many but the way they act on RTG is unlike any fanbase I've ever seen. 

They come off like scorned children whenever a result doesn't go their way. They believe the entire police force aswell as the media are mags working only to destroy their club and from what I can tell, despise every human on the face of the planet; including themselves. 

A few of them seem normal but a large part are seriously unhinged when their team is faced with any type of adversity. 

RTG are not representative of Sunderland fans in general, there are plenty of decent posters on there but they are drowned out by a significant core of around 30 posters who appear to have some kind of mental disorder.

Lord knows what goes in in their online shame dungeon ( parsnip) but the main football bit has been flooded for weeks ( for a match they were claiming didn't matter as NUFC ceased to exist after the takeover) with threads analysing every possible facet of the game.

There was on one there the other day about how they were going to handle work on Monday FFS. No one even points out this is not normal behaviour.

FWIW I don't hate Sunderland or their football club, I was there new year's day on a freebie and pleased to see them win. I went without a couple of pints new years eve and drove down, something many of their ultra loyal fans couldn't manage as there were loads of empty seats.

People started leaving at 80 mins, 2 nil up,not rushing for the buses or metro since there wasn't any, 85 minutes and it was half empty.

I felt a bit for the players coming to celebrate at the end since there were so few left to celebrate with.

It was noisy for the first 15 minutes then near silence except for a 10 minute spell in the second half where they were chanting about a team they weren't playing.

P.N.E. fans kept going the whole game.

Not sure how to fix the malaise about Sunderland, both club and city, it is what it is.

17 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

How did they raise the money, Just Giving or something like that? Surely there are protections in place to make sure donations are used for their intended purpose?

Seems the amount was raised through GoFundMe

https://www.gofundme.com/f/full-stadium-display-newcastle-h

A bit of a write up about it on The Mag, too...

https://www.themag.co.uk/2024/01/newcastle-united-fans-interesting-bystanders-as-sunderland-fans-question-own-flag-display/

Edited by TK-421