sunderland in the EFL

Big River

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Yeah that's what I was meaning. What they've done for Wrexham and the show has put them on the map, progressed then, etc.

Sunderland Til I Die is only a thing because the producers just happen to be Sunderland fans. 2017 is when they started shooting, freshly relegated from the PL, 6-7 years later they're still worse off than when they set out to film the programme.

Sunderland fans seem to be making it out as though this has done the same thing for them.

Paul Mullin for instance has more followers than Jack Clarke.

The great irony of comparing Sunderland and Wrexham is that Rob McElhenney was inspired to buy a football club after watching Sunderland Til I Die.  He and Ryan Reynolds could have easily bought Sunderland at that point but instead decided that a Welsh non league club was a better option.

I'm sure I've read somewhere that it was Hartlepool they nearly went for before Wrexham were recommended.

There's a video of Rob playing the Sunderland Til I Die theme song on the guitar. Very funny. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Very first sentence they put us first despite them being at home :lol:

Ffs the priest is in this too, weirdo

Edited by Fezzle

11 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'm sure I've read somewhere that it was Hartlepool they nearly went for before Wrexham were recommended.

There's a video of Rob playing the Sunderland Til I Die theme song on the guitar. Very funny. 

Yeah that’s true, Hartlepool turned down their offer. They didn’t know who they were turning down though, the offer that came in wasn’t advertised as from Ryan Reynolds.

1 minute ago, NUFCDoog said:

Win today and they're back to within 5 of the play offs, as hilarious as they've been all its going to take is a half decent run and they're there, amazing how close they still are

The likes of Huddersfield and Brum were supposed to be their easy run. It gets a lot more difficult soon when they have to go to all the current Top 6 away.

57 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

They can't really afford to slip up today

Anything less than a win would be an awful result because their next 3 games are

Norwich (a)

Leicester (H)

Southampton (a)

Probably go on to get hammered today, look all but out, then win all those 3 games to claw their way back.