sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Never a pen. Went down way to easy. Mackems actually played quite well but if Leicester are the best in the Champo, it's not saying much for the overall standard.

In fairness haven't Leicester just fallen apart in recent weeks, they were dominant but suddenly lost a bunch in a row so hardly indicative of why they are top

3 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

In fairness haven't Leicester just fallen apart in recent weeks, they were dominant but suddenly lost a bunch in a row so hardly indicative of why they are top

They've been capitulating of late. Beaten at home by Boro and QPR.

8 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Oh what a shame blatant penalty at the end not given. They're going to be in that league for a few years to come 

Second look just now and changed mind he wasn't getting to the ball and just fell over as soon as he felt a touxh

I think it was over before today, but aye, that's definitely that. They can now afford to blood a few players in, and I suspect Rigg will be getting more minutes, but it's pretty early in the year for the season just to peter out. I suppose they will want to get to 51/52 points as quickly as possible, just in case, but yeah, not going to be much on any of these remaining matches.

40,000 gets proudly announced on the tannoy

Leicester immediately start singing about empty seats

The makems are utter fuckwits 

ABSOLEWT FEWLS 

Edited by bobbydazzla

The derby loss does seem to have tipped them over the edge. 

Beale was obviously a bit of an idiot but he had no chance from the stands the minute he lost that match. Still think they should have stuck with him. 

Edited by Stuy_O

36 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Beale out, marra!

image.thumb.png.57457cd8f37d6b096aad127a91dee7dc.png

They have actually played 10 games since we beat them, so they’ve basically become the worst team in the league bar Rotherham, since that point.

Absolutely mad these bastards. Would have been convincing themselves we were shite and they'd beat us and then been all surprised when we dicked them without even needing a chat up line. They were utter shite. If they played with less delusion and more compact they might have had a better chance, as frankly we weren't anywhere near our best and still ran out easy winners.

If these get relegated it won't be because anything other than they've completely lost their heads and shit the bed.

Sacking Mowbray has turned out to be a shocker of a decision, they were only 3 points off 6th

Fast forward a few months, they rolled the red carpet out for us, got schooled on the field, hired his replacement and then sacked him and are now currently 10 points off 6th

I only watched til 9, but they weren't very good. I keep hearing how this Neil is class and PL ready, but he was diabolical again. He must only be worth £48m now?

3 minutes ago, Pablo123 said:

I only watched til 9, but they weren't very good. I keep hearing how this Neil is class and PL ready, but he was diabolical again. He must only be worth £48m now?

Looks like a lower league Longstaff to me.

Big summer for these lot, suspect that it’s do or die for KLD. A lot of them have lost faith in the project and I feel that not appointing the right manager and not reinvesting money they get when they inevitably sell Clarke will see the vast majority turn. Cant say I would blame them either.

In my life I’ve known these lot go down a couple of times but they’ve always bounced back. Could they be in a Sheffield Wednesday style period now where they’re out of the top flight for decades?