sunderland in the EFL

Big River

22 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Still can't work out why they're sending a keeper forward for a set piece in the third game of the season, but god bless them for it like

Why not ? Worse case scenario they'd lose by an extra goal. It's not like they were drawing at the time.

Edited by madras

Just now, OpenC said:

It's just not something I've ever seen so early in a league campaign like. Does it happen all the time and I've just not noticed?

Can't say I've noticed but I'd have no idea why not go for it.

I guess because you don't want your fans on your back saying 'stupid twat of a manager sent the keeper up for a set piece in the third game of the season with 40 games still to play and as a result Sunderland got another from inside their own half, this will embarrass our great club for a decade'

I'm a huge fan of Breaking Bad AND Better Call Saul.  Follow a few twitter freaks and one of them posted that the character Elaine Benes in "Seinfeld" had relationships with both Bob Odenkirk and Brian Cranston playing a Doctor and a dentist. 

The actress, as I found out,  is Julia Louis-Dreyfus.  An American actress who's French father chaired the Louis-Dreyfus Company. Obvs related to the Makem kid. 

Who knew.......or cares......apols 

1 hour ago, OpenC said:

I guess because you don't want your fans on your back saying 'stupid twat of a manager sent the keeper up for a set piece in the third game of the season with 40 games still to play and as a result Sunderland got another from inside their own half, this will embarrass our great club for a decade'

Quite the opposite, 2-1 down, deep in inury time and got a corner, I'd reckon most fans would say to send the keeper up.

If it turned out like it did, aye :lol: if Sunderland had won 3-1 with a simple finish I don't reckon the home only and non-attending fans would have been that impressed like. There must be a reason that it doesn't happen except in cup finals and other deciders :lol:

2 minutes ago, OpenC said:

If it turned out like it did, aye :lol: if Sunderland had won 3-1 with a simple finish I don't reckon the home only and non-attending fans would have been that impressed like. There must be a reason that it doesn't happen except in cup finals and other deciders :lol:

Never used to happen at all, it's becoming more common, one day it may be the Norm.

5 minutes ago, madras said:

Quite the opposite, 2-1 down, deep in inury time and got a corner, I'd reckon most fans would say to send the keeper up.

Yeah seems pretty common if you're losing by 1 goal to send a keeper up as it adds confusion to the defence. Was thinking though did we ever send Dubravka up when losing? I genuinely can't remember one occasion where he went up for a corner although there probably has been an occasion 

Just finished watching "The Duke". Classic quote: Kempton Bunton : I'd just finished reading Joseph Conrad's Heart Of Darkness and I felt a need to explore Sunderland.

Just about sums it up.....

Edited by OverThere