sunderland in the EFL

Big River

not sure whats worse, AP or the mackem weirdo who reckons Sunderland fans shoudnt go

Who does he think Fender did support Pre Oct 21??
image.thumb.png.01d283466c8fdf149450402d013acd03.png

Edited by sleazy

8 hours ago, TeddySAFC said:

Agreed but he essentially he turned the tap off as soon as we went down and pocketed all player sales, Giving Grayson absolutely zero money to work with which is why we plundered again.

Conversation for another day about Short, his heart was in the right place he just didn't have a clue about building a foundation at the club. It turned sour when we dropped into the Championship purely because he just gave up and watched the club implode. 

But he wore a FTM badge so was loved by the fans 😂

3 hours ago, Dancing Brave said:

sunland fans don't want Man City to win the champions league because they are state owned by a country with a bad human rights record...or do they ? 

:D

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/haway-then-man-city-or-inter-milan-and-why.1609190/

I remember when we played Man City pre our takeover and the Mackems always wanted us to win as they hate state ownership.

1 hour ago, sleazy said:

not sure whats worse, AP or the mackem weirdo who reckons Sunderland fans shoudnt go

Who does he think Fender did support Pre Oct 21??
image.thumb.png.01d283466c8fdf149450402d013acd03.png

Obviously he was a massive lads fan but has been stolen away by the evil Saudi regime

5 hours ago, Dancing Brave said:

sunland fans don't want Man City to win the champions league because they are state owned by a country with a bad human rights record...or do they ? 

:D

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/haway-then-man-city-or-inter-milan-and-why.1609190/

Strange, they celebrated when City scored against QPR in the last minute to win the league when they'd just finished playing Man Utd at home. They done the poznan or whatever its called. Or did they forget they weren't arsed about human rights back then and only found their fake moral compass on 7th October 2021?

7 hours ago, Scoot said:

Strange, they celebrated when City scored against QPR in the last minute to win the league when they'd just finished playing Man Utd at home. They done the poznan or whatever its called. Or did they forget they weren't arsed about human rights back then and only found their fake moral compass on 7th October 2021?

“We hate state ownership of clubs by Arab regimes marra! But first let’s celebrate them winning!”

They are literally making up scenarios where they are being mentioned at big events just to try to convince each other that they are still relevant these days, which sadly for them, they aren't. No more than a figure of fun now.

On 09/06/2023 at 17:24, Chris_R said:

It's not a strange take. Firstly, of course Short as an adult is responsible for his own decisions, many of which were clearly bad. I'm not detracting from that. But he probably banked on the fans actually filling the stadium with full priced tickets which would have made his investment affordable. When they didn't, it wasn't.

He probably then didn't see the point of bankrolling you further in the Championship because you'd need serious investment to get back up and get back up for what reason? To be unprofitable in the PL again? How much is a team worth that doesn't even make money in the PL?

He realised he'd been sold a pup and cut his losses. 

Ashley knew that in the PL, we were highly profitable. Sunderland weren't, again largely because their own fans didn't want to pay proper money for tickets.

If they were averaging what was it, £10/head instead of maybe £45/head (sure, kids tickets are less but corporate could be way higher), assuming a full stadium that's a deficit of £28m/season. 

Your calculations are well off though as you have calculated 48,000 buying tickets at £45.00 and 48,000 buying them at £10.00 when in reality there will have been 20,000+ plus season tickets each season, There was on year I think were it dipped to 17,000 but even still that completely changes the deficit you have mentioned. It will have been closer to 10-15M by not selling out each week.

Fans filling the stadium with full price tickets had very little bearing on his investment, You can also argue that if we built the club properly the fans would have filled the stadium instead of just muddling season to season in the hope something changes with no plan or direction.

2 hours ago, TeddySAFC said:

Your calculations are well off though as you have calculated 48,000 buying tickets at £45.00 and 48,000 buying them at £10.00 when in reality there will have been 20,000+ plus season tickets each season, There was on year I think were it dipped to 17,000 but even still that completely changes the deficit you have mentioned. It will have been closer to 10-15M by not selling out each week.

Fans filling the stadium with full price tickets had very little bearing on his investment, You can also argue that if we built the club properly the fans would have filled the stadium instead of just muddling season to season in the hope something changes with no plan or direction.

I don't really know if that £10 a head figure is accurate, or where it really comes from. I think it was from one of those Kieran Maguire articles, based on the results of your last PL season.

Don't have time to look at it in detail right now, but I think it was just dividing total match-day revenue by the number of fans claimed to be in attendance. I.e. it would include season ticket revenue and season ticket holders attendances, as well as any free tickets given out in those attendance figures (which would obviously lower the average). It's not just based on those who pay on the day or buy tickets game by game.

NB, on free tickets given out to schools etc, I'm not so sniffy - I think it's a good initiative even if it inflates numbers. It's not like that season when Ashley gave away 10,000 half season tickets to deliberately pad the numbers, since he was a disgusting embarrassment.

Or is your point that a season ticket comes out at less than £45 a game? I'm not sure that matters. They point really is that for all the claimed attendances, it doesn't result in as much revenue as it does for other clubs.

Yes, maybe if you'd been more successful, more paying fans would have turned up, that's true. I'm not sure how many walked away as a protest against Short. But I suppose it's a bit of a vicious circle - if they don't turn up, you don't have the money to compete.

Edited by Abacus

https://safc.com/seasontickets/select-your-seat

It's crazy how little the U16 season ticket prices are - £48 for about 90% of the stadium (in terms of U16 tickets sold), just over £2 per match, and not too much more for for U18s or even U22s - U22 seems a pretty random bracket to have.

Good to put more bums on seats, and possibly more importantly thinking longer term, especially with developments up the road, to make sure young fans, particularly those in 50/50 areas get the bug early, but they must surely be missing out on so much revenue with those insanely cheap prices.

Edited by Paullow