sunderland in the EFL

Big River

On 01/06/2023 at 15:28, Optimistic Nut said:

Exactly. It's bullying. She said something in good humour and it's used to ridicule her. 

I agree. Though I don’t think it’s misogynistic as others have pointed out. I think it’s more “look at those ugly , toothless mackems saying something stupid”. Which you need to be careful about when talking about specific individuals.

Apologies if there’s any spelling mistakes in this post coz I’m fucked but I’m currently in benidorm with about 20 lads, 2 mackems, and one of them has literally just told me - serious as aids - that he’d rather have Ross Stewart ahead of wilson. Like literally serious as fuck. To the point he was annoyed 

34 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Apologies if there’s any spelling mistakes in this post coz I’m fucked but I’m currently in benidorm with about 20 lads, 2 mackems, and one of them has literally just told me - serious as aids - that he’d rather have Ross Stewart ahead of wilson. Like literally serious as fuck. To the point he was annoyed 

The new “Catts for me like”.

framed: Something I’ve noticed over the last few months sad as it is they’re really going hard online for friendships with Man City and West Ham.
They used to beef a lot with City a couple of years ago but now there’s this mutual love in for obvious reasons I know. The West Ham thing is baffling me though, why they’re suddenly slurping round that lot has got me beat.

Roker Mackem: Leeds anarl I noticed

What are the Bilbao link based on same shirt colour forgers on about?

Not on social media so wouldn't know but never known of any beef with Man City in my 30years.

Edited by Wolfcastle

4 hours ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Get his combined 11 please.

20 hours ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Tell him if offered, Stewart would jump at the chance to swap with Wilson but Wilson wouldn't swap with Stewart in a million years.

5 minutes ago, Nine said:

Apparently it was all Moyes fault that they ended up in the third tier, the absolute delusion.. 

He sure contributed towards it, not entirely his fault though, obviously.

5 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

@Coastie

Sunderland have just signed Nectarios Triantis from you guys. Any good?

Might be good for Kuol having a friend locally as well if we decide not to loan him out straight away. 

Yeah he's a ripper. Looked a potential world beater when he broke into the team last year but has grown immensely in the last season (CCM were crowned champions last week).

Still only 20, but really strong in the air and a superb tackler. Very mature positional sense also. I'm sad to see him go but we have a great academy and will always be a selling club. Very likely to be a full international in the next 12 months.

1 minute ago, Coastie said:

Yeah he's a ripper. Looked a potential world beater when he broke into the team last year but has grown immensely in the last season (CCM were crowned champions last week).

Still only 20, but really strong in the air and a superb tackler. Very mature positional sense also. I'm sad to see him go but we have a great academy and will always be a selling club. Very likely to be a full international in the next 12 months.

Nothing a few months up at Hearts won't put pay to. 

38 minutes ago, Coastie said:

Sounds like Curtis Good. Spoiler alert, more Curtis notGoodenough.

On 07/06/2023 at 15:17, Chicken Dancer said:

Still knocking out the dodgy gear in the main square I see

3 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Sounds like Curtis Good. Spoiler alert, more Curtis notGoodenough.

Yeah, he had some ability but probably went to the UK too early (as too many promising Australians do). Then he got injured and it never quite worked out for him. Has found his own level back in the A League - where he's a pretty good player.

Hopefully Triantis hasn't gone too early. He's a beast of a player though so should survive in the Championship.

11 minutes ago, Coastie said:

Yeah, he had some ability but probably went to the UK too early (as too many promising Australians do). Then he got injured and it never quite worked out for him. Has found his own level back in the A League - where he's a pretty good player.

Hopefully Triantis hasn't gone too early. He's a beast of a player though so should survive in the Championship.

He got done well and truly by your lads last week mind Coastie!

9 hours ago, TeddySAFC said:

He sure contributed towards it, not entirely his fault though, obviously.

From what I understand (this is just reading from RTG, by the way, so could be nonsense and interested to get your take), there were two main failings with Moyes at Sunderland.

The first was that he was moaning about relegation from the first few games of the season, and so set a negative mindset for the whole season from the off.

The second was his (generally) terrible signings, where he brought in lots of players who were past it or had bad attitudes, often on contracts that saddled the club with players they couldn't shift and on high wages. So, when you then got relegated, they were an albatross around your necks financially for several seasons after, hence plummeting further.

Also, awful football. But then, it hadn't been great for a few years, and it was probably the regular points from us in the derbies that kept you up in those last few seasons. 

So, it was coming at some point; Fat Sam leaving for England seemed to throw your plans into disarray that season. Though BFS seemed keen to get out before that anyway and Moyes on paper seemed like a good choice. Maybe he saw the same things behind the scenes the fat egomaniac had and then also wanted out fast too.

The terrible transfers seems a good argument - I think N'dong was on his watch? And there were a few others that went awol. Then again, I think most of the players he bought were loans and, in transfer fees anyway, he probably spent about £35-40m. Which isn't a huge amount for a team that had been battling relegation anyway. 

Is that fair, or am I missing something? Because from the outside it seems he is pretty well hated in Sunderland.

Pretty much came in 1st day and said they were shit and to expect to battle against relegation. I can see why he was hated, because he hated every moment there. 

'Aaa wuz there wen' Eddie Howe's Bournemouth finished them off. It was a glorious watch. Never heard so much booing. 

23 minutes ago, Abacus said:

From what I understand (this is just reading from RTG, by the way, so could be nonsense and interested to get your take), there were two main failings with Moyes at Sunderland.

The first was that he was moaning about relegation from the first few games of the season, and so set a negative mindset for the whole season from the off.

The second was his (generally) terrible signings, where he brought in lots of players who were past it or had bad attitudes, often on contracts that saddled the club with players they couldn't shift and on high wages. So, when you then got relegated, they were an albatross around your necks financially for several seasons after, hence plummeting further.

Also, awful football. But then, it hadn't been great for a few years, and it was probably the regular points from us in the derbies that kept you up in those last few seasons. 

So, it was coming at some point; Fat Sam leaving for England seemed to throw your plans into disarray that season. Though BFS seemed keen to get out before that anyway and Moyes on paper seemed like a good choice. Maybe he saw the same things behind the scenes the fat egomaniac had and then also wanted out fast too.

The terrible transfers seems a good argument - I think N'dong was on his watch? And there were a few others that went awol. Then again, I think most of the players he bought were loans and, in transfer fees anyway, he probably spent about £35-40m. Which isn't a huge amount for a team that had been battling relegation anyway. 

Is that fair, or am I missing something? Because from the outside it seems he is pretty well hated in Sunderland.

Excellent summary.

He never seemed that he wanted to be in the job from the off to be honest, Even his first press conference seemed to be like he was doing us a favour, not that he was trying to get his managerial career back on track after failing at United then Sociedad.

We actually played quite well in his first game, We had City away and nearly knicked a point but McNair scored a last minute own goal and we got beat. It was baffling that the very next game following defeat he basically admitted a difficult season and in a relegation battle (even if he thought it, don't mention it a week into the season)

His signings were an absolute joke, We had Yann M'Vila begging for us to sign him after an immese season the year before on loan and he opted to ignore that and break our record transfer fee on Didier N'Dong - who this week, has now been relegated in 6 of his last 7 seasons. He signed his chums from Everton who were in it for one last pay day, the likes of Pienaar and Gibson could barely move. Gibson then decided to get pissed up and smash into a lampost which could have killed somebody not far from the city centre.

Everything about his reign was horrific, He knew his heart wasn't in it but just bluffed his way from game to game and then finally jacked it in when relegation was confirmed about 6 games from the end of the season.

His football was awful (to be fair I don't even think it's great at West Ham but he gets by because they have some decent players) and his attitude was stinking.

35-40M isn't a huge ammount in PL terms, but we've never really spent big so in contrast to others it was a fair whack. He managed to do what the likes of Ricky Sbragia, Steve Bruce, Paolo Di Canio, Martin O'Neill and co couldn't, and that was get us relegated despite being absolutely shite.

Edited by TeddySAFC

Reading between the lines on the N’Dong/M’Vila history, M’Vila commanded huge wages which the club couldn’t afford and the N’Dong signing was instalments over about 8 years so was a more attractive financial package for cash flow.

Just it turned out that N’Dong was absolute bobbins.

27 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Excellent summary.

He never seemed that he wanted to be in the job from the off to be honest, Even his first press conference seemed to be like he was doing us a favour, not that he was trying to get his managerial career back on track after failing at United then Sociedad.

We actually played quite well in his first game, We had City away and nearly knicked a point but McNair scored a last minute own goal and we got beat. It was baffling that the very next game following defeat he basically admitted a difficult season and in a relegation battle (even if he thought it, don't mention it a week into the season)

His signings were an absolute joke, We had Yann M'Vila begging for us to sign him after an immese season the year before on loan and he opted to ignore that and break our record transfer fee on Didier N'Dong - who this week, has now been relegated in 6 of his last 7 seasons. He signed his chums from Everton who were in it for one last pay day, the likes of Pienaar and Gibson could barely move. Gibson then decided to get pissed up and smash into a lampost which could have killed somebody not far from the city centre.

Everything about his reign was horrific, He knew his heart wasn't in it but just bluffed his way from game to game and then finally jacked it in when relegation was confirmed about 6 games from the end of the season.

His football was awful (to be fair I don't even think it's great at West Ham but he gets by because they have some decent players) and his attitude was stinking.

35-40M isn't a huge ammount in PL terms, but we've never really spent big so in contrast to others it was a fair whack. He managed to do what the likes of Ricky Sbragia, Steve Bruce, Paolo Di Canio, Martin O'Neill and co couldn't, and that was get us relegated despite being absolutely shite.

Appreciate the response, thanks. From the outside, it also didn't seem like his heart was in it to me either.

I just didn't know if he'd been sold a lie by an increasingly detached owner, or if he was still smarting from his previous two jobs and went for a club to build up like at Everton and then just using all the same players, a bit like being on the rebound.

Anyway, back to usual (non personal) hostilities soon.