sunderland in the EFL

Big River

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

And they're not even remotely comparable anyway tbh. It would be if you went to play for a club, solely owned by a dictator who decides all of the rules on guns.

So our players then?

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Are all our players and supporters then ?

Yes. We're all hypocrites in one way or another to a certain extent. It's unavoidable.

That's obvious pedantry though. Being a public supporter on LGBT rights and then going to work specifically  for someone who decides to have gay people murdered is a bit more clear cut than "well aha, you continue to support the club you've supported your whole life"

1 hour ago, prefabtoon said:

It would have been interesting if Sunderland had a sell on clause with Henderson.

Would they have refused the money yeah of course they would.

They've already got a thread on that scenario :D

It's gave them a chance to say that "no !"  sunland would not take the money.

Basically a thread that gives them yet another comfort blanket.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/sell-on-clauses-henderson.1611470/

"If we do benefit, we should donate to proceeds to LGBTQ+ charities just to fuck with them" [emoji38]

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

To a certain extent yes, and us, and our LGBT supporters group. It's not judgement, it's just fucking obvious.

I disagree. It's by degree. I'd be a hypocrite if I went to work for the anti-LGBTQ+ police but not if I worked in a hospital wholey owned by them.

Is anyone teaching English in China but is against their treatment of the Uighurs a hypocrite?

Is someone who hates our government but remains as a civil servant when they could move to Norway a hypocrite ?

52 minutes ago, madras said:

I disagree. It's by degree. I'd be a hypocrite if I went to work for the anti-LGBTQ+ police but not if I worked in a hospital wholey owned by them.

Is anyone teaching English in China but is against their treatment of the Uighurs a hypocrite?

Is someone who hates our government but remains as a civil servant when they could move to Norway a hypocrite ?

I really can't be arsed tbh :lol: Nothing personal, it'll just go on forever and I don't think those questions are relevant to the Henderson situation at all. It being by degree/on a scale is what i meant by to a certain extent.

1 hour ago, madras said:

What's the big problem with being a hypocrite? We all live in various states of hypocrisy. I think all the things above have degrees of hypocrisy 

I just heard yesterday that my Makem mate and his dad have packed their season tickets in. This information means nothing to nobody really but if you knew him it's huge news.

Nowt to do with cost or anything he just says he can't watch another season of his club not trying, happy to be average with no ambition. Quite sad really.

15 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

At least there's a few of them now coming forward and admitting that they couldn't care less about Saudi. It's the fact that NUFC are absolutely minted and are on the way to the very top that rankles with them.

Their healing begins :) 

1 minute ago, Ben said:

I just heard yesterday that my Makem mate and his dad have packed their season tickets in. This information means nothing to nobody really but if you knew him it's huge news.

Nowt to do with cost or anything he just says he can't watch another season of his club not trying, happy to be average with no ambition. Quite sad really.

Seems an odd time to decide they’re not trying given they’re probably ‘trying’ more, relatively speaking, than they have at any point in the last decade or so?

17 minutes ago, Ben said:

It is, but where have the been for the last 80 years?  Average with no ambition is an achievement over there.  Three top half finishes in my dad’s lifetime, and he retires next July. 

28 minutes ago, Paully said:

:)

Funny thing is that it’s literally not true.  I would have thought that would be someone like Alan Kennedy - who of course played for both clubs (and a Mackem by birth).  Scored the winning goal in two European Cup finals (albeit one in a shootout) - not bad for a left back. 

35 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

:)

Funny thing is that it’s literally not true.  I would have thought that would be someone like Alan Kennedy - who of course played for both clubs (and a Mackem by birth).  Scored the winning goal in two European Cup finals (albeit one in a shootout) - not bad for a left back. 

Even though he has spent 60 years denying all association and seems a bit of a tosser, Bobby Charlton would be it surely.

6 minutes ago, Pandamninator said:

Even though he has spent 60 years denying all association and seems a bit of a tosser, Bobby Charlton would be it surely.

Michael Carrick was my first thought!