sunderland

Big River

2 hours ago, madras said:

I know when my nephew was at Sunderland uni they'd have a pile of tickets that they just take one and go to the match (don't worry he never took up the offer) but I wonder if these sorts of tickets are included on their figures?

Got to be there is no way 5,000 (minimum) people are not going to games after buying tickets. Then just look at their accounts to back this up

2 minutes ago, madras said:

"It's not Newcastle it's North East"

That, I suppose, is what 'they' might say, but all of the Newcastle Postcode areas have Newcastle ("NE") postcodes. I would imagine they probably know this, but cannot bring themselves to admit it.

Newcastle Postcodes MAP - Part.png

2 minutes ago, manorpark said:

That, I suppose, is what 'they' might say, but all of the Newcastle Postcode areas have Newcastle ("NE") postcodes. I would imagine they probably know this, but cannot bring themselves to admit it.

It's why I put it in quotes, Gateshead isn't it, Gateshead Durham and Durham is 100% Mackem apparently.

1 minute ago, madras said:

"It's not Newcastle it's North East"

It is Newcastle in that it identifies which hub mail was directed to it does however cover all of Northumberland and parts if Tyhe and Wear. Similarly, for instance, the S postcode indicates Sheffield but includes Barnsley, Rotherham and Chesterfield ect. 

1 minute ago, madras said:

It's why I put it in quotes, Gateshead isn't it, Gateshead Durham and Durham is 100% Mackem apparently.

Yes, I realised your quotes, but I liked the opportunity to use my Newcastle Postcode map!

Newcastle 10 is quite 'central' really, just south of the river, Felling area.

Just now, frankpingel said:

It is Newcastle in that it identifies which hub mail was directed to it does however cover all of Northumberland and parts if Tyhe and Wear. Similarly, for instance, the S postcode indicates Sheffield but includes Barnsley, Rotherham and Chesterfield ect. 

You know that, I know that. I put it in quotes for a reason.

7 minutes ago, manorpark said:

If they say this, how would they justify/describe the meaning of the "SR" postcode :hmm: 

18 minutes ago, Elric said:

If it's NE10 I'm guessing it's some closeted freak from Felling, maybe?  Obvious MLF Stronghold™️ despite never hearing hide nor hair of any in the 6-odd years I lived there :lol:

Delewded. 

I nearly asked if it was a stronghold or newly fallen but thought that was a bit too RTG 

22 minutes ago, Elric said:

If it's NE10 I'm guessing it's some closeted freak from Felling, maybe?  Obvious MLF Stronghold™️ despite never hearing hide nor hair of any in the 6-odd years I lived there :lol:

Delewded. 

I worked in Felling (Felling Shore Industrial Estate) for five years and never met any of 'them' in the pubs on Felling Square or anywhere !!!