sunderland

Big River

Great start for them, especially without Clarke today. Looks like his replacement has stepped up and ready. Could work out very well for them, but they'll do something to fuck it up.

5 minutes ago, RS said:

Ganna piss the leygue marra

I kind of hope they do… watching them lose a record 38 games in a league season and have a goal difference lower than -120 would be delicious.

Especially since we’d get two more chances to embarrass them in a derby.

Mates just said they are playing the best football in the leeeg, haven't got the energy to point out they played two of the absolute worst teams before today's good result. More bars here had the Wrexham game on rather than theirs

Fair fucks to them. Pointless down playing what has been a good start. 

Looks like even in chernobyl, a decent coach can string a decent side together.

Long season though, and if they slip up, I will laugh my tits off.

It's a win win. If they do well and get up, we get more interesting games next season, if they throw the good start away in familiar fashion its always fun to laugh at.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

And we know they will

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Today in any sense is a great result. It's a pretty weak league this season so they may surprise us, be considerably more hilarious when they fail mind

23 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Mates just said they are playing the best football in the leeeg, haven't got the energy to point out they played two of the absolute worst teams before today's good result. More bars here had the Wrexham game on rather than theirs

You in benidorm? If you find anywhere that does a good paella let me know. 👍

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

You in benidorm? If you find anywhere that does a good paella let me know. 👍

Leonardo Dicaprio Laughing GIF

Stick to the sausage, chips and beans marra!

It’s a good win for them, the other 2 games are what you would expect as those 2 teams will either go down, or be close to doing so.

Leeds, and Luton have had poor starts, and others who are expected to be behind the favourites like Boro have also had poor starts.

As someone else mentioned, it maybe a poor league this year. Now that Leeds have sold all of their players, and still have that Poundland Klopp in charge, they might not run away with the league after all. That opens up absolute shit teams getting their chance.

9 points out of 9 with all 3 wins coming with a clean sheet isn't to be sniffed at. Not sure they'll stay there but they've got a little platform, if they spend their Clarke money well they've got a chance, the standard of that league is shocking and any remotely decent squad can get themselves up

It’s a win-win. They either fuck up and end up blowing their season up and have another loss making year in the 6, or they come up and become whipping boys for a year.

Just now, Groundhog63 said:

Let them come up. Bring dorty Leeds and Boro with them. 

North Rules

Boro aren’t going anywhere. They’ve choked the last couple of seasons and now they’re treading water. Always love the Dirty Yorkshire puddings in the PL.

Now this has been bugging me a little bit for a while, have the mags and Adidas been copying our ideas for away tops?

First we bring back a modern day version of the iconic 92 away shirt, now the mags have brought back that supposedly iconic rugby away shirt with a modern take. Our advert for the away included players wearing the shirt, they brought back old players for their advert (except Shearer but he probably could've find the right hat to wear!) now their 3rd shirt has an old badge on it. Now all this could just be a coincidence and I've thought too long about it but there's too many similarities for me 

Newcastle Adidas deal announced September 2023. Sunderland Hummel deal announced  April 2024 :lol:

Edited by et tu brute

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

Now this has been bugging me a little bit for a while, have the mags and Adidas been copying our ideas for away tops?

First we bring back a modern day version of the iconic 92 away shirt, now the mags have brought back that supposedly iconic rugby away shirt with a modern take. Our advert for the away included players wearing the shirt, they brought back old players for their advert (except Shearer but he probably could've find the right hat to wear!) now their 3rd shirt has an old badge on it. Now all this could just be a coincidence and I've thought too long about it but there's too many similarities for me 

Newcastle Adidas deal announced September 2923. Sunderland Hummel deal announced  April 2024 :lol:

2024 is before 2923 like, by about 900yrs.

I know RTG is a total caricature of the average makem whenever it comes to anything non-football related, but I'm so pleased I'll not have to be surrounded I an office by them very soon. 

I genuinely thought their valuation of Clarke was just a piss take, but they are seriously and totally raging that they didn't get more than 40m for him. 

They really thought they would get more than we paid for Bruno as apparently Clarke is 10 times the player he is.

I had to go in to a toilet cubicle to laugh at that