sunderland

Big River

7 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

"So what you're saying is that people aren't really that arsed about sportswashing at all then? Ultimately the football on the pitch comes first?

That basically contradicts everything that has been said on this messageboard for the past however many months. Bit hypocritical of us to point the finger at that lot for turning up and putting money into the Saudi coffers if we'd do exactly the same."

[emoji38]

I see that comment has been ignored.  They're so transparent.

31 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

They really are a strange set of supporters.Different from us.Different from every other set of supporters.

DIFFERENT.The best word I can use to describe them.

Sad Mackem Bastards is the most appropriate nickname for them.

It’s amusing, bewildering at times, cherry picking stuff from that forum. But all human life is in their fan base, just like any other. With perhaps a greater proportion with chips on their shoulders re their more successful nearest rivals, than most. 

1 hour ago, Dancing Brave said:

"So what you're saying is that people aren't really that arsed about sportswashing at all then? Ultimately the football on the pitch comes first?

That basically contradicts everything that has been said on this messageboard for the past however many months. Bit hypocritical of us to point the finger at that lot for turning up and putting money into the Saudi coffers if we'd do exactly the same."

[emoji38]

Haha, the penny has dropped for literally one person on there - that nobody can be expected to stop supporting a club they've followed their whole lives over this - and the rest of them are just completely ignoring it as if this person hasn't even posted.

Amazing, but not remotely surprising.

1 hour ago, Dancing Brave said:

[emoji38]

Have I missed something here? What has athletic bilbao and sunderland got to do with Saudi owners?

12 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Does someone want to tell them that they’re coming to play at Newcastle off their own back against the murderous regime?

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/bilbao-black-cats-athletic-club-bilbao.1583245/

Still claiming that they wear red and white stripes because of them. They guy who first bought them was about to board a ferry from Southampton and bought them from the club (directly, because they didn’t sell to fans back then).

I fail to see how it was because of them.

7 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

I see, sorry.

I suppose its also OK for them to go and watch the mags to support the other side as well now is it?

You know, the thing they reckon we do at every sunderland game which is meant to be sad and obsessed!

Edited by Scoot

That story is incorrect, the person working at Southampton was a massive lads fan and offered to give him a load of replica mackem tops he had in his car boot. From then on the owner of Bilbao formed a deep, almost sexual passion for sunderland and the rest is history.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Still claiming that they wear red and white stripes because of them. They guy who first bought them was about to board a ferry from Southampton and bought them from the club (directly, because they didn’t sell to fans back then).

I fail to see how it was because of them.

"Athletic began playing in an improvised white kit, but in the 1902–03 season, the club's first official strip became half-blue, half-white shirts similar to those worn by Blackburn Rovers,[38] which were donated by Juan Moser. Later, a young student from Bilbao named Juan Elorduy, who was spending Christmas 1909 in London, was charged by the club to buy 25 new shirts, but was unable to find enough. Waiting for the ship back to Bilbao and empty handed, Elorduy realised that the colours of the local team Southampton[39] matched the colours of the City of Bilbao, and bought 50 shirts to take with him. Upon arriving in Bilbao, the club's directors decided almost immediately to change the team's strip to the new colours, and since 1910, Athletic Club have played in red and white stripes. "

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletic_Bilbao

Northern echo has MLF @7/1

For promotion, oh my giddy aunt they've  signed Danny bellend after Burnley told him to F/off and they've got Alex pilchards who looks decent 

Norwich must be bricking it,even" its not fair " SB could get above that lot.

Mad how all of the mags on here are not from Newcastle so come onto this board to try and justify why they support them and pretend they are massive jawdees a bit like Sam I’m a Geordie Fender.

Are these fuckers generally so thick, that they actually think you only qualify as a Geordie if you were born within the city limits? I know the daft cunt who posted this is one of the most bitter and jeslous fuckers on there; but fuck me they nearly all love a good fairytale, when a quick google search is all that is required. Nearly as bad as the clown 'chico' (or something like that) last week, who was making up figures to try and have a go at our attendances. Totally broken to a man.

Edited by et tu brute

3 hours ago, Sima said:

I see that comment has been ignored.  They're so transparent.

"So you're saying supporting your team on the pitch is ultimately more important than whatever goes on off it then? You confirm that with your last sentence which is fair enough. It's as I suspected really so I'm not having a pop at you but the fact that you're more than happy to stick 20 quid directly in the Saudi pot for a meaningless friendly game that doesn't involve Sunderland going for a league title speaks volumes.

Sometimes I wish people would be more honest and admit that the real reason they are against their owners up the road is because they're minted. People wouldn't care less if they were skint or had came out and said they were going to sell off all their assets. In fact we'd be loving it!"

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/bilbao-black-cats-athletic-club-bilbao.1583245/page-3

7 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Simply amazed that ‘CaptainRed’ and his lone voice of reason hasn’t been accused of ‘stinking of gravy’ yet.

All of the Mackems I know to speak to are OK with it. I mentioned to some I was a bit conflicted to start with and they said "enjoy it, we would". They aren't even jealous, quite happy their club seems to be going the right way at last.

11 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Simply amazed that ‘CaptainRed’ and his lone voice of reason hasn’t been accused of ‘stinking of gravy’ yet.

The hive-mind that contaminates the Newcastle thread over there must not have got wind of it yet.  He'll be shouted down soon enough.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/bilbao-black-cats-athletic-club-bilbao.1583245/page-3#post-36388540

Post #45 missing the point. League/cup teams can’t pick and choose whether or not they come and play us. Bilbao have have a choice. They could have said nah, fuck you.

They aren't missing the point, they are deliberately trying to twist the point.

If I couldI'd upload the video of Newcastle and Bilbao fans getting on famously in 94, documented by Futbol Mundial no less, to drive them up the wall

Their fans ran over to ours to applaud us at the end and months later I could see Newcastle shirts being worn at Bilbao games on DSF.

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 hour ago, madras said:

All of the Mackems I know to speak to are OK with it. I mentioned to some I was a bit conflicted to start with and they said "enjoy it, we would". They aren't even jealous, quite happy their club seems to be going the right way at last.

Well interestingly, a good mate I met in London the night before Brighton away was exactly like this. He was surprised I wasn’t bragging and was magnanimous in general. My mate in Boldon has been the exact opposite, constantly puts words into my mouth about the situation and despite me being on Russia on the day of the invasion made a cunty attempt to link the two things. Like that was his opener.

Two bright lads as it happens. Guess which one is a Ready to Go regular

Edited by Hovagod