Newcastle United 1 - 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers (08/04/2022)

Disco

5 minutes ago, GlenMag said:

Missed the game because I because I was playing the most awful darts match in my life but still buzzing, it's still hard to believe we're on the start of something special, Jesus I hope I don't have a heart attack before we win something!

Dunno about a heart attack until we win something, I'm just happy that we could possibly not have the yearly "will we go down " heart attack. 

8 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Proper ray of sunshine, aren’t you? Not only was it not one of the worst games, it wasn’t even one of OUR worst games. 

Mate someone in the Gallowgate said it was a shite game and on TV it was poor also. Just stating facts here.

Edited by Outremont

2 minutes ago, Outremont said:

Mate someone in the Gallowgate said it was a shite game and on TV it was poor also. Just stating facts here.

Yeah, it wasn’t the best, but hardly “one of the worst PL games this season” by a fucking long way. 

First game in about four years, I thought it was really quiet. Wolves fans outsung us until the goal...

We controlled the game and they only really got two/three shots on goal, we were very tight in defence and good on the break.

Maxi looked decent all night and the heel to joe was sublime. Still has to learn to pass the ball a bit quicker.

4 hours ago, Pata said:

Fucking hate penalties like that, only thing Wood was looking for. :lol:

Then the keeper shouldn't have desperately stuck his leg out and missed the ball.  Looking for it or not the keeper has no right to expect anyone to actively hurdle his poor challenge.

Anyway, safe guaranteed, that's it, let the millions flow :hello2:

Edited by Teasy

1 hour ago, GlenMag said:

Missed the game because I because I was playing the most awful darts match in my life but still buzzing, it's still hard to believe we're on the start of something special, Jesus I hope I don't have a heart attack before we win something!

Lol. Newcastle set to break record levels of healthy living.

Bit late to write my views last night so here goes .

Was a disjointed performance all round but I felt we looked more of a threat than Wolves for the whole game .

Wolves were all frills and no knickers , too much pissing around with the ball doing nothing much with it . 
ASM had an off day but was our ONLY threat in my opinion , solid defence , Bruno was class and I thought Wood lead the line very well.

It was a game of 2 very evenly matched teams for different reasons and in the end I was so glad of the points . Safe now , what an incredible escape act EH has pulled off .

Limited a good Wolves team in good form. They didn't have a touch in our box first half and didn't get a shot on target until the 80th minute. Considering we're coming off the back of our worst result of the season that's a great response.

People seem to forget we're still and incredibly limited side. Chuffed for Wood to get a goal too although if Wilson was playing I think we'd of had a couple. 

Thought Maxi did fine. The attitude of some folk is making it feel like he had to try and so something amazing every time he had the ball. 

Bruno absolute different gravy to anyone on the pitch.

17 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Thought Maxi did fine. The attitude of some folk is making it feel like he had to try and so something amazing every time he had the ball.

He was infuriating at times tonight because it just didn't seem to be coming off for him whatever he tried, and probably just needed to simplify his approach which I think he did tbh.

The crowd were becoming restless with him but he was still offering an out and making the runs. 

Was a nice period towards end of second half where the crowd could see he was getting frustrated and actually got a chant going for him(rarely hear an ASM chant?) To let him know we are still onside with what he is trying to do, try and keep his head up amongst the grumbles.

However much he frustrates me he's absolute class for a team like us, and I can afford him more time than others as he can offer that singular piece of game winning magic that our team severely lacks.

4 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Don’t know, don’t care. Just happy for the three points, man.

That’s what I was getting at, if several teams have an off day against the same opposition then you have to think maybe we’re making them have an off day.

Just now, Gawalls said:

That’s what I was getting at, if several teams have an off day against the same opposition then you have to think maybe we’re making them have an off day.

Exactly, every team we haven't lost against has said they had an off day and played poorly

2 hours ago, Thiago said:

Honestly, reading this thread I question if some of you even enjoy football anymore. :lol:

Starting to again mate, I’ll be honest when I say I didn’t for last few years but the old expect the worst still comes to the surface at times.

It’ll pass with time