Norwich City vs Newcastle United, Saturday 23/4/2022 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

LRD

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

I mean if Wood was just up front for his pressing and as an outlet for the long ball, I can’t see how Joelinton can’t be used to produce a similar effect.

Some would say we could rest Joelinton to produce a similar effect.

7 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

That's just not true at all. Because we are safe from relegation now doesn't mean all these next games are meaningless. They matter for the players who want to prove themselves for next season and they matter to Howe in trying to create a winning mentality to carry forward to next season.

Well aye they matter for the fringe players which is exactly why they're getting a chance today. Don't think winning a few games will really matter at all going into next season as the team will be very different

Don't understand why Almiron's not playing, I think we need to evaluate him before the summer.

The rest is in Eddie we trust! He changed things up at short notice against Chelsea and that game went very well. I don't know if Howe likes that formation, but the players he's picked could play 3-5-2 with Murphy and Targett as wingbacks and Willock or Joelinton as second striker.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Just don’t think Gayle has any future here, so there’s no point. 

No harm in putting him in the shop window though. Whilst we don’t need the money, cash coming in for our disposable players will be beneficial for FFP.

I'd prefer ASM up front to Joelinton. I just think Joelinton looked very poor as a lone striker. He was too slow and not good at holding the ball up from that position. Not a great finisher either.

ASM provides some sort of threat with his pace.

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

I'd prefer ASM up front to Joelinton. I just think Joelinton looked very poor as a lone striker. He was too slow and not good at holding the ball up from that position. Not a great finisher either.

ASM provides some sort of threat with his pace.

This is true, but maybe he’ll be given instructions to hold up the ball and connect with the wide forwards. If so it might be OK. 

There needed to be some changes with us playing 3 games in a week and our team is full of shite players, so I'm not sure Eddie could field a much better team than this. That being said, if it is Joelinton up front he's on drugs. :lol:

Fantastic to see that despite guiding us to 40 points with 5 games to spare, some are still unwilling to give Howe the benefit of the doubt.

I wasn't expecting that many changes, but on paper the team is good enough to beat Norwich.

10 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

No harm in putting him in the shop window though. Whilst we don’t need the money, cash coming in for our disposable players will be beneficial for FFP.

He'll only be going to the championship. Most championship clubs know what he's all about already tbh. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Fantastic to see that despite guiding us to 40 points with 5 games to spare, some are still unwilling to give Howe the benefit of the doubt.

I wasn't expecting that many changes, but on paper the team is good enough to beat Norwich.

Absolutely love Howe and has my backing 100% doesn't mean I can't disagree with a line up ?

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

Absolutely love Howe and has my backing 100% doesn't mean I can't disagree with a line up ?

Not really backing him 100% though really is it. :lol:

Give him 99% then you have a bit of wriggle room.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Not really backing him 100% though really is it. :lol:

Give him 99% then you have a bit of wriggle room.

Of course it is man, may as well just never discuss the team or line up ever then ? I also said last week I don't like Almiron on the right because he's too one footed just before he cut in from the right and smashed it into the top corner with his left ?‍♂️ it's a football forum that's what we do.

18 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Just don’t think Gayle has any future here, so there’s no point. 

Neither does Longstaff or Lascelles? I'm assuming this is about resting players and if anything, putting some in shop window a little.

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

Of course it is man, may as well just never discuss the team or line up ever then ? I also said last week I don't like Almiron on the right because he's too one footed just before he cut in from the right and smashed it into the top corner with his left ?‍♂️ it's a football forum that's what we do.

I'm just messing man

Of course you can disagree with him. Let's see what happens. :thup:

5 minutes ago, Holloway said:

There's no striker anywhere to be seen in that line up but in Eddie I trust etc

We only have 2 "strikers". One needs a rest as he's played every game since he joined in January and Howe clearly doesn't want to play Gayle, so here we are.