Season Tickets (2022/23)

mofo

Season Tickets 22/23  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Interested to see who is hoping to get a ticket when they come on sale. I like many gave my ticket up under Fat Mike and I'm hoping to get a new one....

• Got my ticket sorted so not bothered, sit back and watch the chaos!
    • Gave up under Ashley and hoping to get a ticket
    • Not had a ticket previously, hoping to get one

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Have to say the linked members thing is a bit of a kick in the teeth, but I hold no malice against anyone who got them and used it to their advantage.

just hope whoever got them gets behind the team and nee moaning on. 

I disagree with this tbh. Cap it at 2 people if you have to but otherwise you'd have 1,000 STs sitting on their own 

2 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Happy for people that got them.

Still maintain it should have been in person sales and a queue [emoji38]

Now to wait and see what they do next season? Or is that it until an extension is built (which would be annoying AF tbh)

I remember years ago queuing up in person for Blackburn cup tickets. They had to get the staff in at 4am as queue was so big. We were one of the last to get tickets

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

Queue number 450, managed to get 3 together in the upper Gallowgate (the only block of the Gallowgate that had any).

By the time I logged out about five minutes ago there were only ~300 left, but it was moving pretty slowly.

Were you able to purchase more than 1 ticket? Good for you if you were, but surely if there is only 1000 tickets it should be only one per person. Or are more than 1000 tickets for sale, but only 1000 people can buy those tickets?

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Maybe they plan to release more through a ballet.

I hope not I’m terrible at dancing? What you thinking, Swan ‘Leazes Park Lake’?

Edited by geordie_b

1 minute ago, jonny1403 said:

I disagree with this tbh. Cap it at 2 people if you have to but otherwise you'd have 1,000 STs sitting on their own 

Just gives you double or triple the chance of getting in… if all of you are in the queue. 

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

That’s fine, I still don’t agree with it though. Plucking some arbitrary date 2 years ago, is in my opinion completely ridiculous. I’ll stick to free tickets if that’s how it is 

As people have said they had to do this otherwise bots would have taken up the entire queue.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It basically was a ballot system. 

A ballot system of sorts, but skewed because if you had the IT know-how you could get yourself many more chances of landing a low queue number

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

So if you had tickets under rafa binned they, you weren’t a priority, but you started going under Bruce you’re priortitzed? Sorry like but that’s a complete joke. Essentially rewarding people for complying under Ashley. I was at Villa away in 09, but that doesn’t qualify me? Garbage imo 

They had to come up with a way that prioritised actual fans, rather than alienating them. Putting criteria in place that basically only made it possible for a tiny number of the hardcore fanbase to get a hold of a ticket would just have pissed more people off. I say that as someone who is essentially in the same position as you. 

Started in the queue at 1080, managed to nab one in the milburn.  Had one in the Gallowgate in my basket but the site went down then wouldn't let me add it again.

What I don't understand is the leaving one seat nonsense....was about 30 left in the Leazes but couldn't select any of them.

1 minute ago, Vedder said:

It is what it is. I'm very disappointed but think the system was OK. Would have preferred queuing in person but can see why they didn't want that.

People would literally have been outside the box office for a week. 

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Were you able to purchase more than 1 ticket? Good for you if you were, but surely if there is only 1000 tickets it should be only one per person. Or are more than 1000 tickets for sale, but only 1000 people can buy those tickets?

Aye, wasn't sure it would be the case to be honest. However, you've been able to "link" supporter numbers in your box office account for a while now, and so I did that with my brother and son to make buying single tickets together easier last season. Was able to assign ownership to each person in case they were going to do something like only selling STs to people who'd been to games since the takeover based off how many games, etc. So a way to spread the "points" fairly, rather than keeping them all for myself.

As I said, it didn't matter as the brother got 679 in the queue anyway so would've got one, but it's good to be sat together and to be able to take the lad.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Just gives you double or triple the chance of getting in… if all of you are in the queue. 

That would be no different if only 1 per supporter number was allowed though. People just log in on multiple devices/ get their mates to queue online for them . There's always ways to increase your chances.

Keep trying if you're in and getting the Maintenance, I just got one back stand of Gallowgate in the middle that appeared. Appears some people with them in basket are dropping out and the tickets are becoming available again? I was #1670 in queue.

Edited by NeilNE

hard luck to those who missed out, on the plus side, there'll be plenty going on regular sale per match.

get your membership sorted, track the sale dates, set an alarm and you'll get to go to every game.

Managed to get one in the Milburn between  3 of us (shared). We only had 1 eligible supporter number due to always booking together through the same account. Blind luck, we all tried and one got a number in the 600s