Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

We look a professional outfit. Obviously miles off in terms of fitness but love how clear the style of play is and that everybody knows what they're doing. Love seeing the likes of Longstaff and even Dummett just slot in and get in with their game.

Joelinton is too strong for football. I feel so sorry for many midfielders this year who’ll come off the pitch thinking they played rugby, such will be the humping he’ll dish out.

Bruno is class as a 6+. Basically he’s a DM who’ll get 6 goals and 5 assists which is madness. 

Longstaff decent as the right CM but would be so much better with him second choice and Paqueta in there.

My heart sank every time Dummett got the ball. Why wasn’t Lewis given a go? 

Just now, greydos said:

Joelinton is too strong for football. I feel so sorry for many midfielders this year who’ll come off the pitch thinking they played rugby, such will be the humping he’ll dish out.

Bruno is class as a 6+. Basically he’s a DM who’ll get 6 goals and 5 assists which is madness. 

Longstaff decent as the right CM but would be so much better with him second choice and Paqueta in there.

My heart sank every time Dummett got the ball. Why wasn’t Lewis given a go? 

Lewis has a knock, same as Ritchie

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, Memphis said:

Once Bruno & Joe came.on, it was a completely different match. They look excellent. Botman looked good although there wasn't much for him to do. Shelvey looked noticeably more active and more fit, good to see. 

Just a generally very competent performance, never had to push very hard, but we look very fit as a squad. We are desperate for help on the right side, though. 

Even before all the subs we looked much better in the second half. They would have been told at half time to not sit so deep (especially Shelvey, as he looked much better not hanging out the back of Burn), as we came out and pushed a little further forward and looked so much better for it.

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

We look a professional outfit. Obviously miles off in terms of fitness but love how clear the style of play is and that everybody knows what they're doing. Love seeing the likes of Longstaff and even Dummett just slot in and get in with their game.

Massively notable how the ball barely left the ground and rarely went more than 20-25 yards. Good workout, no injuries, job done.

I have most certainly not had this crush in a long time for a player that I have for Bruno. HBA was the last one but I already think that Bruno edges it. What a player and personality. I’m almost looking forward to seeing him more than I am the team. Not literally but you get the idea :) 

The back four looked nice and settled. Longstaff and Anderson put in decent shifts in midfield. It was the forward line that lacked the most balance and quality, it's not difficult to see why that's the area we're targeting in the transfer market.

Edited by The Prophet