Just now, JonBez comesock said:

I think he is shit , his numbers will be shit 

Obviously time will tell , but he can’t do it in the premier league 

Fantastic work rate / attitude 

Shit numbers in terms of goals / assists 

I can’t see him scoring over 4 goals 

You talking about Joelinton?

50 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I know I go on about him a bit but yeah, I feel optimistic about him this season. Of course he's not the answer at RW but I think he could have a role to play. You never know, it might click for him, especially if he gets an opportunity elsewhere on the pitch off the bench n that. He improved towards the end of last season but he's never looked convincing down the right. He might do alright in that third CM/most advanced CM role. 

I definitely feel like it’ll click for him this season too. He’s been asked to play out of his normal position and it’s taken time to figure it out but I believe Howe has coached it into him how to play this RW/RAM position we’ve put him in. Stoked to see what happens this season with him. Seems a great lad to have around too. 

I thought Almiron has been properly rubbish for us so far, with his decision making and lack of end product, but those highlights showed him do some really nice stuff at the sharp end of the pitch.

Would be amazing if it had just clicked for him after a bit of time with Eddie. Hopefully he'll knock it out of the park against proper teams once the season starts.

Guest neesy111
5 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

For a premier League team badly needing more attacking threat Almiron is never the answer. 

Agreed.  

I think this run out shows that we have quite a few players that are very good at the level below what we need. Don't think we can read too much into the results. At least it shows we shouldn't have an issue moving some of these on for when we get some genuine quality in. Happy for the lads that did well, mind.

56 minutes ago, STM said:

Howe has a great imagination. Mixed friendlies, go carting, presentations from knights, I genuinely wonder what other managers do in this regard.

Bruce takes his squad to the Algarve where they are able to visit all the different kebab houses they have to offer, before going back to Bruce’s Villa to relax with a few dozen beers each and a BBQ/Hog roast.