Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

6 hours ago, HawK said:

I didn't see the full game only these highlights so Longstaff may have had a great game for all I am aware.

But 2mins in, is a perfect example of what I've seen him do time and time again and why I'm not sure he's suited to premier League level. He takes too long on the ball and reguarly gets dispossessed like that in dangerous positions.

1 minute ago, alexf said:

I didn't see the full game only these highlights so Longstaff may have had a great game for all I am aware.

But 2mins in, is a perfect example of what I've seen him do time and time again and why I'm not sure he's suited to premier League level. He takes too long on the ball and reguarly gets dispossessed like that in dangerous positions.

He played okay. 

Guest HTT II

We looked really solid defensively and I liked how we tried to play the ball out from the back and much quicker too. It broke down a lot in the final 3rd though and again is a clear sign we desperately need some attacking signings to help in that area. We looked sharp, the pressing was non stop and no-one looked like they didn’t fit. 

Anyone noted how after a counter attack goes for a corner we will now continue to run and attack the box via a quick short corner before the opposition has had a chance to go into ‘corner mode’?

Just now, James said:

Anyone noted how after a counter attack goes for a corner we will now continue to run and attack the box via a quick short corner before the opposition has had a chance to go into ‘corner mode’?

Aye, noticed it last night and me brain had a little "is that legal?" moment[emoji38]

It's nice to see a bit variety in our corners, would be so easy to just aim for Burn everytime like we've done with Williamson and Carroll in the past 

If we somehow sign Maddison we're going to have some incredibly good set piece takers 

3 hours ago, Bondedcrown said:

Moaning bout gamesmanship? Try Francis Lee way back in the seventies! About time we got with it!

I know I know... I totally agree with nemtizz beneath, nearly said the same thing myself. It was a quality dive.

6 hours ago, nemtizz said:

Pretty much confirms Billy is a baller. 

Still don't like it though... It wasn't even 'making the most of it', from what I could see.

Guest HTT II
Just now, 54 said:

156 pages for a pre-season thread with another game still to come is absolutely mental btw :lol:

We are gonna need a 100k seater forum if it carries on like this!

35 minutes ago, HTT II said:

We are gonna need a 100k seater forum if it carries on like this!

Might have to demolish the chat section and rebuild it brick by brick elsewhere 

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, LV said:

Might have to demolish the chat section and rebuild it brick by brick elsewhere 

Probably gonna cost hundreds of billions mind.