Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

4 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Houllier bought Finnan and riise.

Totally blanked out Riise under Houllier. Finnan was brought through mainly by Rafa though.

Still, look at how shit those wingers are for a team trying to win the league.

8 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

What we saying about Zapata ?

Better than Wood but we should get better.

File under the Cornet, Harrison, Sarr categorie of improving us but not for long. 

He held the ball up well, good link up play and a couple of decent dribbles. Didn't get any real service to score, so would fit in well :boomboom:

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Murphy is 4th or 5th choice winger. That's fine for him.

A least his pace is a threat and he buzzes around and can be a nuisance.

And we'll get some goals from the rebounds when his shots hit the post.

Murphy did show some pace and tbf, he didn't hide, but if we only have 25 places in the squad then he should go out on loan before Anderson.

Reminded me a little of the performance versus Chelsea. We had a crap line up that day but everyone worked their socks off and knew their role in the team. 

Obviously we lost that day but you get the sense that Howe has drilled every single one his players to a tee.

Can't wait for the season to start! 

8 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Murphy aside I think everyone performed well enough to show they have a place like.

I thought Murphy was better than Fraser tbh. I barely noticed Fraser was on the pitch.

Just now, jack j said:

Should be easy to pick tomorras team anyway 👀

Dubravka

Krafth  Lascelles   Botman   Dummett

Joelinton  Bruno    Willock

Ritchie                                        ASM

Wilson

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Murphy did show some pace and tbf, he didn't hide, but if we only have 25 places in the squad then he should go out on loan before Anderson.

I agree but let's face it he's useless.

9 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Houllier bought Finnan and riise.

He bought Gamez for us who played like 3 games.  Glen Johnson for 16m wa a ridiculous price for Liverpool.

Gamez was a weird one and seemed like a dressing room signing like, strange.

Glen Johnson should have been a great signing imo and iirc did end up being decent for Liverpool.

12 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Murphy aside I think everyone performed well enough to show they have a place like.

It's likely that Eddie sees this back four as his first choice, Botman will probably have to wait for his chance like Bruno did.

Totally agree.

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

It's likely that Eddie sees this back four as his first choice, Botman will probably have to wait for his chance like Bruno did.

20 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

What we saying about Zapata ?

He’s a beast. Don’t read to much into todays training practise, that player should have been in the PL years ago hes ready made for it 

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

That's probably because he never gave the ball away cheeply about 40 times in a row like.

Colback never gave the ball away cheaply either because he was mostly passing sideways or back. I'm not a fan of Murphy either, I already said I'd rather send him out on loan rather than Elliott, but I will give some credit for players who show for the ball and try to break the opposition defence lines.

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Gamez was a weird one and seemed like a dressing room signing like, strange.

Glen Johnson should have been a great signing imo and iirc did end up being decent for Liverpool.

Don't forget about Achraf Lazaar! Still no idea why he barely got any chances.

4 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Looking at the line up tonight you can't tell. Botman has also been involved basically all preseason, whilst Bruno was signed towards the end of the January window. You maybe right of course.