Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

Thoughts/notes:

Yep Lascelles is going to cost us goals.

Richie is actually serviceable in an  emergency, worked his socks off.

Murphy is 10 times the player he was 2 years ago, he was class.

Bruno had his swagger back.

Joelinton is as good/important as Bruno. 

Barnes is going to score loads, him and Wilson already have an understanding.

Longstaff and Tonali will be neck and neck for that midfield slot.

Unbeaten in pre-season against quality opposition; Chelsea, Brighton Villa, Fiorentina and Villareal, despite having never played our strongest 11 bodes very well. Competition for places is the most I've ever seen it. Looking forward to seeing our bench vs Villa. 

Just now, Alberto2005 said:

I think it will be Anderson or Tonali for the third spot next week, Longstaff will need a bit more time I think. I expect it will be Anderson.

Who plays to the right of centre ?

I think Longstaff will be ok to start fwiw.

Thought we played really well and agree Murphy played really well.

Easy to forget how terrible that Sorloth is for them. Enjoyed the handbags in the Fiorentina-Nice game too. Desperate for the Fiorentina to get a job in the PL, he'd be absolutely box office

Just now, madras said:

Who plays to the right of centre ?

I think Longstaff will be ok to start fwiw.

I guess it would be Anderson/Tonali, maybe I'm wrong and he'll go with what he trusts but I think it would bee pretty harsh not to start Anderson.

Just now, Alberto2005 said:

I guess it would be Anderson/Tonali, maybe I'm wrong and he'll go with what he trusts but I think it would bee pretty harsh not to start Anderson.

Has Anderson ever played as the right sided central player? Positional familiarity is really important to Howe. I'm fairly sure it'll be Longstaff as long as he's fit enough

Just caught up on the highlights, is Murphy a legit contender to play at fullback this season because he looked superb there today! Also what an upgrade Barnes is going to be, we now have a serious goal threat on the left.

Edited by black_n_white

Based on this preseason I wouldn’t be totally shocked to have four players in our squad with 10+ goals this season. Miggy, Barnes, Isak, Wilson at least all with 10 or more. 🤞🏼

Edited by cubaricho

4 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Based on this preseason I wouldn’t be totally shocked to have four players in our squad with 10+ goals this season. Miggy, Barnes, Isak, Wilson at least all with 10 or more. 🤞🏼

All those have the potential and big joe. Add to that bruno or murphy chipping in a handful each, maybe more for murphy .. we have a dangerous attack