Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

12 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Is it basically just go into the queue as soon as it goes live or do they open the queue prior? 

Log in. An hour or so before sale the queue management system kicks in and counts down to 10am.

then you get randomly placed into the queue. Wait your turn then you have 10 min to make your selection and pay.

8 hours ago, Yorkie said:

@Heron Are we expecting Wor Flags displays at both Atalanta and Bilbao?

I don't think it'll be anything ground breaking, probably just a lot of wavers to try and involve the crowd and develop the right culture. 

Aye, they can forget that. I was going to go with my dad, brother (who's a Man Utd fan), and his 8 y/o son, but £70 is pretty ridiculous for a friendly. I was sure it would have been £10. My brother will certainly not want to pay £20 to watch a friendly of a team he doesn't even support, and I'm not paying towards his, ha.

Bit of a shame that, although like others, suspect they'll still do OK. I doubt the Friday match will sell out.

Edited by Paullow

1 minute ago, Paullow said:

Aye, they can forgot that. I was going to go with my dad and brother (who's a Man Utd fan), but £60 is pretty ridiculous for a friendly. I was sure it would have been £10. My brother will certainly not want to pay £20 to watch a friendly of a team he doesn't even support, and I'm not paying towards his, ha.

Bit of a shame that, although like others, suspect they'll still do OK. I doubt the Friday match will sell out.

Same tbh. Was quite looking forward to bringing me mum with my dad and I for her first game since about 1994. But bollocks to us forking out £60 (on top of travel and everything else) for a blummin friendly, will wait for one of the cup ones. 

Surprised by this. Was expecting cheap tickets and another easy PR win. 

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

Should be 5er for kids and 10er for adults for a friendly like. Hope it isn't a sign of things to come ticket price wise.

Got a feeling it will be in the future especially with a new extension/stadium

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Same tbh. Was quite looking forward to bringing me mum with my dad and I for her first game since about 1994. But bollocks to us forking out £60 (on top of travel and everything else) for a blummin friendly, will wait for one of the cup ones. 

I think both games will sellout regardless which is probably part of thought process.

The demand is there imo and both games will sell out. £20 is maybe a little on the high side but it's money into the club at the end of the day, I want to go and watch my team and I'd pay £50 for me and the bairn to go and see them twice, it's not a million miles away financially from going to the cinema tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah, the 3 of us (not the nephew) went to the Oxford cup match a couple of years ago, ironically the very day the Saudi link first emerged, and that's the last match I have been to, and will obviously struggle to get tickets during the regular season. The match was absolutely dire, but we made a good day of it, and was just £30 for the 3 of us. I know the whole mood of the club has obviously changed since then and some will be desperate to see the team, but I really didn't think a friendly would be twice the price of a competitive match. Even £15 wouldn't have been so bad - surely better to have got 52,000 in at £10/15 than 25-30,000 at £20 - unless they think there's still a good chance they do actually sell out, or come close to it?

11 minutes ago, midds said:

The demand is there imo and both games will sell out. £20 is maybe a little on the high side but it's money into the club at the end of the day, I want to go and watch my team and I'd pay £50 for me and the bairn to go and see them twice, it's not a million miles away financially from going to the cinema tbh. 

Moneys coming into clubs from everywhere now, footballs never been richer yet ticket prices still go up and fans get shafted. With the wealth of our owners no need to have tickets expensive, time will tell it's only a  friendly don't want to read too much into it but don't want us to end up like Arsenal or Spurs, working class pretty much priced out.

Edited by WillingtonMag

5 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Moneys coming into clubs from everywhere now, footballs never been richer yet ticket prices still go up and fans get shafted. With the wealth of our owners no need to have tickets expensive, time will tell it's only a  friendly don't want to read too much into it but don't want us to end up like Arsenal or Spurs, working class pretty much priced out.

Don't agree that fans are getting shafted, there's no obligation to go, as I said it's maybe a fiver too much imo but it's not anything to kick off about. Fact is that despite how rich the owners are they still need to get as much money into the club as they possibly can, they're not missionaries who are giving tickets away for free. They've priced them slightly too high imo but it's barely worth getting upset about. They're trying to maximise revenue and I think they'll do that. 

6 minutes ago, midds said:

Don't agree that fans are getting shafted, there's no obligation to go, as I said it's maybe a fiver too much imo but it's not anything to kick off about. Fact is that despite how rich the owners are they still need to get as much money into the club as they possibly can, they're not missionaries who are giving tickets away for free. They've priced them slightly too high imo but it's barely worth getting upset about. They're trying to maximise revenue and I think they'll do that. 

Was just meaning in general and hoping it isnt a sign of things to come..more season ticket wise than this friendly why I mentioned Arsenal and Spurs. Completely disagree though doesn't need to be that way at all loved the president of Bayern Munich explain why they have their ticket prices so low ( about 150 euros btw) because the difference is little to the club but massive for the fans. We shouldn't just accept it.

Edited by WillingtonMag

2 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Was just meaning in general ans hoping it isnt a sign of things to come..more season ticket wise than this friendly why I mentioned Arsenal and Spurs. Completely disagree though doesn't need to be that way at all loved the president of Bayern Munich explain why they have their ticket prices so low ( about 150 euros btw) because the difference is little to the club but massive for the fans. Shouldn't just accept it.

The demand for season tickets is there though, we saw that last week. People do want to pay the prices for STs, thousands of them and the reality is that we do need to maximise the income from tickets and I don't blame them in the slightest. I agree 100% that it's a bit shit that some people are priced out of watching their team but you can't have it both ways. You can't maximise revenue and keep tickets at rock bottom prices. Bayern might be able to but we can't, that's the reality of things. 

Under Ashley I always maintained that I'd be more than happy to pay more for match tickets with a new owner to coincide with the rise in quality of product on the park. Alas, here we are. Not overly arsed about this though as they're friendlies and I never go to friendlies. Ticket prices will only start becoming a concern when the cheapest single ticket is in excess of £60-£70 and STs are close to a grand. Newcastle and the North East aren't exactly the most affluent of areas and given this is Tory Britain with a cost of living crisis and disdain for the working class I hope that if tickets ever do rise to that we can do what Liverpool fans did back in 2016 and walk out of a match or something in protest as they did when their tickets were put up to £77 and STs were over a grand for a club whose catchment area is very similar politically and economically to us.

Trying to recall prices for the less meaningful games pre Ashley. The more I think about it I’m pretty sure they were similar to these and that was 15 years ago.

Maybe you were all spoilt by Ashley 😜