Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

9 hours ago, xLiaaamx said:

Is it basically just go into the queue as soon as it goes live or do they open the queue prior? 

Yes but as others have said you get randomised in the queue before 10am. It gives you a rough idea how long the wait in the queue is (shows how many ahead) and then you get your 10 mins to buy tickets once let in.

Pre-season matches will be a full sell out probs, mad 

There’s no reason why a pre season kick about should be £20. Needs feeding back to the owners, they’re meant to get it. There’s a cost of living crisis and for some this would be an opportunity to at least see the team. I really hope they’re poorly attended.

It’s definitely not cheap but for how few games I’m likely to get to during the season with tickets being difficult to get to, I’m going to the double-header. If you’re a season-ticket holder for instance you probably don’t need to go.

£20 is quite expensive , and probably prices me out of friendlies 

Although I’ve got an invite for the Atlanta Friday night game which I am going to anyway.

£15 seems about right / bit of a balance 

However I don’t begrudge the owners charging £20 as we all know the money is going back in to improve the club 

So hey ho …lets go 

Loads kicking off about the ticket prices on twitter. This is why people talking of a 75 thousand seater stadium are deluded. As I said once the novelty wares off we'd struggle to do 60k every week

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

Loads kicking off about the ticket prices on twitter. This is why people talking of a 75 thousand seater stadium are deluded. As I said once the novelty wares off we'd struggle to do 60k every week

Depends on who’s who I guess. For every fan complaining about prices their could be 5 desperate to go. 

16 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

Anyone know how to get tickets to the Mainz game in the Newcastle section. There is no information on the club's website yet. I live in Germany and I'm planning on taking advantage of the 9€ travel card to get there from Düsseldorf where I live.

They haven’t announced anything yet. Keep an eye on the tickets section of the forum and it’ll be posted in there when they do.

2 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yes but as others have said you get randomised in the queue before 10am. It gives you a rough idea how long the wait in the queue is (shows how many ahead) and then you get your 10 mins to buy tickets once let in.

Pre-season matches will be a full sell out probs, mad 

19 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

Anyone know how to get tickets to the Mainz game in the Newcastle section. There is no information on the club's website yet. I live in Germany and I'm planning on taking advantage of the 9€ travel card to get there from Düsseldorf where I live.

Good chance it will be called off 

Or no home fans ? As they want to boycott the game 

So the only way to get value is to pay £15 more and go to both games and perhaps also take the kids twice. 

I’m very disappointed with the pricing, if it’s a sign of things to come then Joe Public will be priced out. If any fans group has a route to the owners they need to call this out.

38 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

FWIW I think £20 is a bit much for a friendly, but £35 for both is decent. 

Non-league teams charge £20 a ticket, albeit for league games.

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding here, but £20 is too much but £35 for two games (£17.50) is decent? 

Normally wouldn't mind, as 99% of the time I wouldn't even be thinking of going, and I'd probably have the mindset of well if the demand is there, fair enough, more money for the club, but just this time I was planning on going, and it did shock me [emoji38]. I mean if they lose to Bilbao 0-1 or 0-2, it might be a little disappointing, but it certainly won't affect your weekend at all in what is effectively a meaningless match where you know the team is going to be relatively weak anyway and with them playing like 18 hours earlier, and a mix of better / fringe players in both.

I guess time will tell with the numbers. It probably will do better than I was first expecting and if a grandad took 2 or 3 grandchildren then it's just like £30/40 (what it should have been for the majority), so they probably will do well, but yeah, not for me this time. 

Will give them the benefit of the doubt for these games maybe just a mistake on their part cup games through out this season and season ticket prices next season will give us a better indication. Hope we don't end up losing the good vibe between fans and ownership we currently have.

It is a bit much, but I’m guessing they are thinking of what is happening with season ticket and membership sales flying out. Also, the calibre of opposition is arguably better than anyone Ashley had coming here, and therefor they may have requested a higher fee and/or a greater percentage of ticket sales.

I’ll be going purely because I’ll unlikely be able to get tickets elsewhere in the season, and other will likely do the same. There lies the problem I guess.

Edited by Stifler

12 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think we’ve been ‘spoiled’ by the £5-10 tickets Ashley used to knock out just to get bums on seats.

This is the problem. A quick look a other PL teams pricing for friendlies against similar standard opposition shows £20 is about the ‘industry standard’ price (think Bournemouth are doing £15 v Sociedad).

But we’re so used to everything about the club being de-valued by Ashley, that we just expected £10 tickets. And like anything in life, if you have to pay more than you were expecting for something, you’re not happy about it.

I was just thinking the opposition doesn't really help either. I mean it's obviously better than Doncaster and what not, but I honestly couldn't name a Bilbao player without googling, and even if I did wiki, then I probably wouldn't have heard of many either. There obviously is a few links with that UEFA Cup match (my first season of being old enough to understand) and the Rob Lee match, but it's not Barca, Real, or Atletico, likewise Atalanta, a few good seasons, but traditionally a smaller club than us, and it's not AC Milan, Juve or Inter. It's a step up on recent years, traditional clubs, certainly in AB's case (both are AB I guess, but Bilbao), probably well matched, but they are not names that are instantly going to guarantee an extra 10,000 on the gate for name value alone.

I'd far rather pay £20 for a cup match against a Cambridge or Oxford personally.