Maxi can only attack, his defensive rating on Fifa has gone down to -34🤪

lascelles is the opposite to maxi.

longstaff looks a yard too slow.

dont like pope with ball at feet

anderson… meh

callum getting a right fight from the big lad

miggy=god

8 minutes ago, Disco said:

Almiron popping up a lot in the ten/inside channel. Wonder if that’ll be a common theme if he plays this season. 

Yeah, I hope so. Think it would work really well, because it will allow Trippier to really get forward and put some quality crosses and passes into the box.

Pretty happy to be level tbh, I thought we struggled a little bit with their movement and pressing, but we did pop it around nicely in parts. Bruno was a bit off the pace.

1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

A predictable lack of sharpness, poor ball retention, Pope should get further into the corners of the net (cracking goal though) and no midfield shape. 

However, Trippier going forward has been passing top notch (rusty defensively) and both Almiron's goals have been great. 

Lascelles is doing fuck all. He might be popular in the dressing room, but that team is slowly going. Hate that he's captain. Need a new captain. 

This 100%  Trippier, vice Wilson 

Guest HTT II

Lascelles cannot be a starter next season and young Billy Elliott looks a bit overwhelmed, but then we lack so much in midfield on the ball which is a key area we need to improve on! Wilson still often isolated too. ASM off the ball needs to cut out the huffy shit and I think Pope has looked very poor, even though it was a great free-kick, his positioning wasn’t the best. Almiron on fire and Trippier and him look lethal down that right. Botman looks steady as fuck.

Just now, David Edgar said:

Want to see us carry on buy with Big Joe for Anderson.  And A.N. Other on for Lascelles.  Think we'd really start to take the game to them.

I'd put Joelinton for Longstaff, we know what he can do. Give Anderson another 20-30 minutes with our first choice midfield behind him.

Good half, that. Benfica are the better side but we're showing promise. Both of our goals were very well taken.

I really do hope Almiron can keep this up, his biggest flaw since Rafa left is his lack of belief in himself. With the increased confidence will come increased decisiveness, and as I've mentioned, he should get plenty more chances with the players we now have, capable of using his movement.

2 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Looks really impressive Benfica, lovely looking stadium, top atmosphere. 

Aye, l’ve been to the outside, it’s not all that impressive from the outside. It’s very like going to the Emirates, you think it will be a class stadium, but rather boring. Mind having Champions League and other trophies in a line at the museum entrance is something to be envious of.

3 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Whilst I think I'm going to remain realistic in terms of the level and volume of players we can bring in this summer, my tolerance of the poorer quality players is going to be quite minimal. Harsh maybe, but with increased ambition comes increased expectation.

Mistakes such as Lascelles recklessly abandoning his position, and the likes of Longstaff being forced into errors as we've seen are going to tire quite quickly.

Thankfully, effort is no longer all we can expect, and those that aren't good enough rightfully should and ultimately will be removed.

Grow up

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Looks really impressive Benfica, lovely looking stadium, top atmosphere. 

When the camera panned out to show the entire complex, it looked awesome. Training facilities next door, with Lisbon as a backdrop. Class.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Pretty happy to be level tbh, I thought we struggled a little bit with their movement and pressing, but we did pop it around nicely in parts. Bruno was a bit off the pace.

We improved massively towards the end of the first half. 

Guys take it easy on Lascelles man :lol:

He's a meat and potatoes guy. He'll be useful when we face more direct teams with aerial threats.

I've been happy with his comfort on/with the ball. Doesn't look as terrified and panicky as he used to anytime it came near him.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Lascelles cannot be a starter next season and young Billy Elliott looks a bit overwhelmed, but then we lack so much in midfield on the ball which is a key area we need to improve on! Wilson still often isolated too. ASM off the ball needs to cut out the huffy shit and I think Pope has looked very poor, even though it was a great free-kick, his positioning wasn’t the best. Almiron on fire and Trippier and him look lethal down that right. Botman looks steady as fuck.

Agree on Lacelles, disagree completely on Pope.  Agree for the most part on the other players.