Pre-season (2024/25) - Newcastle beat Spurs on pens

bowlingcrofty

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Knicks basketball I spent something like £37 on two beers. 

How much were tickets when you went? Want to catch a game there or the Nets in December. 

10 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

they know that you are going to be desperate for a drink while sitting through a Knicks game. That's like bottled water at Woodstock '99.

About the same time my knowledge of basketball ending so I’ll giving be one of these to anyone talking ball. :mung:

28 minutes ago, Disco said:

How much were tickets when you went? Want to catch a game there or the Nets in December. 

Nets are way cheaper. You’re paying premium just for MSG 

10 minutes ago, CFlan said:

Aye I thought that might be the case. I think it’ll be one or the other as we’re only over passing through for 4 nights so will have to take what we can unfortunately. Staying a hop, skip and a jump from MSG mind which might negate the ticket price and for reasons unknown even though she’s been before and would struggle to identify a basketball wor lass would prefer to go to MSG. 

21 minutes ago, Disco said:

Aye I thought that might be the case. I think it’ll be one or the other as we’re only over passing through for 4 nights so will have to take what we can unfortunately. Staying a hop, skip and a jump from MSG mind which might negate the ticket price and for reasons unknown even though she’s been before and would struggle to identify a basketball wor lass would prefer to go to MSG. 

She knows what's up. Barclays Center is fine, but even post-renovation MSG has a vibe to it that most other buildings can't match. 

48 minutes ago, CFlan said:

I went to both a Knicks and a Rangers game start of 2022 at MSG.

May have just been the difference in seating, but alcohol at the Ice Hockey was significantly cheaper.

11 hours ago, Disco said:

I went to see the Nets at Barclays Centre and the Rangers at MSG when I was there.

MSG was a far better live experience. Both as hockey being a better sport to see live and as an arena in general.

22 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I went to see the Nets at Barclays Centre and the Rangers at MSG when I was there.

MSG was a far better live experience. Both as hockey being a better sport to see live and as an arena in general.

Aye, the Rangers are away when we're there unfortunately and cba trekking out to see the Islanders or the Devils.

21 minutes ago, Disco said:

Aye, the Rangers are away when we're there unfortunately and cba trekking out to see the Islanders or the Devils.

If you can get to MSG do it mate. Electric place for sport. 

Yes, avoid the Isles and Devils at all costs. 

I watched Eddie's press conference and it was all fairly standard stuff. 

I did get a chuckle from Lee Ryder telling Eddie it would be 'a miss not to ask' rather than 'remiss not to ask'. 

5 hours ago, Kanji said:

Yes, avoid the Isles and Devils at all costs. 

Why's that? Isles are a bit dull team but have a brand new arena. Devils are one of the most exciting young teams in the league now.

18 hours ago, Disco said:

Can’t remember exactly, we went to both Knicks and Nets. There’s a wide range of prices though, from like 40-800 dollars :lol:  Think we went around 60. 

If you go to Nets get some food at Purbird, immense chicken sandwiches. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo