Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

1 minute ago, HawK said:

I think Almiron's a real confidence player. He's MUCH more direct with and without the ball now. Showing some actual quality in his play.

Yes, poor lad was Bruce'd to high hell. Hopefully this form carries into the season.

1 minute ago, TenkoDaLuz said:

The main Portuguese commentator is so cringe worthy. His accent sounds like my uncle when he's trying to game old British women in our beaches.

:lol: :lol: 

On 23/07/2022 at 17:23, STM said:

Reckon Miggys numbers are going to be good this year. Another one that looks transformed.

Said this after Burnley friendly.

That's 4 goals and 2 assists in 2 games.

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

One of the best friendly pre-season games I’ve seen, played at a high tempo and some decent goals. We clearly need a playmaker/ball keeper in the centre mind.

Paqueta?

3 minutes ago, HawK said:

I think Almiron's a real confidence player. He's MUCH more direct with and without the ball now. Showing some actual quality in his play.

He's been in the box more this game than the whole of last season ?.

Missed about 20 minutes in the middle of the half, but from what i've seen, this is exactly what you want in a pre-season game. Its competitive, high paced and with a passionate crowd. Some good things, and some things to improve and gets the players closer to being match ready come Forest.

Whilst I think I'm going to remain realistic in terms of the level and volume of players we can bring in this summer, my tolerance of the poorer quality players is going to be quite minimal. Harsh maybe, but with increased ambition comes increased expectation.

Mistakes such as Lascelles recklessly abandoning his position, and the likes of Longstaff being forced into errors as we've seen are going to tire quite quickly.

Thankfully, effort is no longer all we can expect, and those that aren't good enough rightfully should and ultimately will be removed.