Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

For what it’s worth Lisbon is a fantastic city, and Portugal is a great country and the people are very nice.

I honestly contemplated moving there and tried to learn Portuguese.

I live in a coastal village and there are many, many British expats living here all year-round. Some young couples with kids too. The downside is that there are lots of French folks too. They speak in French, which is annoying.

I would like to see Bruno and Longstaff switch this half to see how we look with Bruno playing central in the number 6 spot against these lot.

Think he tends to run the show more in that position and be central to all of the play.

10 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Lascelles cannot be a starter next season and young Billy Elliott looks a bit overwhelmed, but then we lack so much in midfield on the ball which is a key area we need to improve on! Wilson still often isolated too. ASM off the ball needs to cut out the huffy shit and I think Pope has looked very poor, even though it was a great free-kick, his positioning wasn’t the best. Almiron on fire and Trippier and him look lethal down that right. Botman looks steady as fuck.

I thought he was too central in the goal and should have leaned towards his left more. Not sure that helps him stop an amazing strike like that, though.

Edited by The Bonk

2 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Oh joy. It’s the Chris Wood Show.

Wilson wasn't the sharpest when given opportunity (on the ball). It's fine.

Edited by The Bonk

3 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

They look to be a way better team especially technically, however we are level so maybe it doesn't count for much this time so far. I don't like to see Bruno doing so much defensive work, he's rash and a bit slow.

I'd love to see someone like Kamara anchoring the midfield to allow Bruno to play further forward.

To late for that now.