Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

9 minutes ago, STM said:

Gordon has some confidence. Nice to see. Looks settled.

I know it’s an old joke, but he really could be like a new signing this season. The second half of last season was just the bedding in time. I think the Euros did wonders for his confidence and comfort. 

24 minutes ago, 54 said:

Footballers really are dumb huh? :lol: 

Quite impressed with the production quality on this tbf. Looks significantly more high grade than what we'd been doing previously. 

4 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I know it’s an old joke, but he really could be like a new signing this season. The second half of last season was just the bedding in time. I think the Euros did wonders for his confidence and comfort. 

Easily the player I'm most excited about this season. Reckon he's gonna go full 'our cunt' this season. 

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Easily the player I'm most excited about this season. Reckon he's gonna go full 'our cunt' this season. 

This is exactly how I’d sum up who he’s going to be at our club. Don’t want to liken him to a Bruno Fernandes in terms of an “our cunt” but he’s definitely going to be that guy for us 

Just now, gbandit said:

This is exactly how I’d sum up who he’s going to be at our club. Don’t want to liken him to a Bruno Fernandes in terms of an “our cunt” but he’s definitely going to be that guy for us 

Aye. I'm thinking more Bellers.

On 24/07/2023 at 13:59, Kanji said:

Hanging with @SEMTEX @LFEE and @Ameritoon and seeing just countless Toon fans from all over the world at the match was outstanding. Random folks from all over North America who love the Toon. Young fans, old fans. Amazing stuff. Had not seen that before in my life. Always felt us as some smallish rogue fan base over here and we probably still are in comparison to the Liverpool, Arsenal and Man United fan bases but we felt massive yesterday. Welling up with pride. 

We met up with some really cool fans from all over the States, plenty from Denver and LA.

Really enjoyed our few days in Philly. Arrived back in Newcastle this afternoon.

Only downside was the price of a beer, soft drink or even water in the stadium.

9 minutes ago, MuskyNUFC said:

We met up with some really cool fans from all over the States, plenty from Denver and LA.

Really enjoyed our few days in Philly. Arrived back in Newcastle this afternoon.

Only downside was the price of a beer, soft drink or even water in the stadium.

Stadium concessions in America always cost a fortune, but the water was a step too far. Many stadiums - including Yankee Stadium, where they are not above trying to rob you of your next mortgage payment at every turn - let you bring in sealed water bottles. For a summer event in those kinds of temperatures, especially one that is basically at half capacity, they could have relaxed that rule. I think we spent almost $50 on water and some italian ice and we didn't even go in until halftime of the first game.

Just now, timeEd32 said:

Stadium concessions in America always cost a fortune, but the water was a step too far. Many stadiums - including Yankee Stadium, where they are not above trying to rob you of your next mortgage payment at every turn - let you bring in sealed water bottles. For a summer event in those kinds of temperatures, especially one that is basically at half capacity, they could have relaxed that rule. I think we spent almost $50 on water and some italian ice and we didn't even go in until halftime of the first game.

Went with my brother on Sunday and we spent $39 on two hot dogs and two large sodas.