Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

Just now, Big River said:

is anyone keeping track of how many goals Dan Burn is responsible for conceding? must be near double figures and he’s only been here since January…

Only the three? (Chelsea, Everton & today) ??? 

Do people think Burn is shit now? Thought he was great for the most part last season, perfect back-up.

2 minutes ago, Howeay said:

Schar and Botman is quite good but Burn or Lascelles having to come in worries me, neither are good enough.

Chill man, we just played Benfica for goodness sake, and they're further along in their pre season.

Can't believe you're already throwing away everything Burn did second half of last season. Now he's not even good enough to be a sub for us? Wow.

We can't not ever concede a goal you know. Come on.

Just now, 54 said:

Do people think Burn is shit now? Thought he was great for the most part last season, perfect back-up.

Aye total over reaction

Just now, Cronky said:

I lost the stream midway through the second half, and missed the Joelinton red card.

Shame. I'd forgotten how good a player he's become. I hope he won't face a ban.

Why would he? :lol: Surely even if that was a thing getting suspended because of a friend it would mean your suspension could be in another friendly so would just miss Friday 

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

S'pose Maxi at CF every week would've been fine.

Nah, leave Maxi where he was and you could have literally put someone picked at random from the crowd up there to do the same job.

Just now, 54 said:

hey I’m just saying. look at the evidence.

Enjoyed that! Was more like a Europa qualifier, their free kick, can’t complain, first goal, Lascelles.. just terrible positioning and mistiming the jump. Hopefully he won’t play much.

I think it’s going to be fair to say our strongest midfield will be Bruno, Joelinton and Shelvey but Willock looks sharp as well, ideally be great if someone else came in there to give us something different.

Almiron looks confident which bodes well but we need more down that side.

We need another striker, I think assuming Wilson will carry the burden could backfire massively.

Maxi had a better game for what we saw of him. He’s the strongest option at forward left we have. Anderson should be his backup there, whatever position he played at during the first half didn’t do him any favours but can obviously mix it at this level.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Someone do player ratings

Pope 5.5

Trippier 7.5

Lascelles 5

Botman 6

Targett 6

Bruno 6.5

Anderson 4.5

Longstaff 5

ASM 6

Wilson 6

Almiron 9

Darlow 6

Kraft 6

Schar 7

Burn 5.5

Bondswell 6.5

Shelvey 7.5

Joelinton 5.5

Willock 6.5

Murphy 5

Wood 4.5

Ritchie 5.5

Given 8

Beye 7.5

Woodgate 9

Albert 6

Enrique 8

Lee 9.5

Ginola 9

Beardsley 6

HBA 10

Solano 7

Shearer 8.5

Cole 6

Overall a good game. We had some excellent spells with some very direct attacking play. Almiron was back to his best, maybe he had a point to prove. Botman looked extremely solid, has to start him an Schar together. Joe Linton got his pent up agression out the way but was had typical no nonsense approach and drove the ball forward as well. Although maxi didn't do a whole lot he did seem to be passing the ball more, but needs to up his defensive contribution massively. Lots to build on though.

17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Others think not, I might be thinking of something else but I thought I remembered Barton missing one after being sent off in pre season. 

It was definitely a thing for at least one season. One of the big 6 were probably affected so they dropped it.

2 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

I don't think anyone has Burn as shit?  But it is completely fair to point out that he has this really bad rash habit that clearly cost us on 3 occasions. 

Saying him coming in is ‘a worry’ and saying he’s ‘cost us double figures of goals’ is a heavy over reaction like 

Guest HTT II

Burn gets too tight for me, just back off a tad and don’t ball watch as your man who will be quicker more often will roll you. He’s fine though for where we are at right now. It’s not a pace issue btw either, it’s just reading play, moves and not always ball watching.

10 minutes ago, Big River said:

is anyone keeping track of how many goals Dan Burn is responsible for conceding? must be near double figures and he’s only been here since January…

Not knocking the local lads lasted until the next (friendly) game ?