Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

2 minutes ago, TenkoDaLuz said:

He actually hates Benfica, and he always does this when he's whistling Benfica's friendlies OR games at the end of the season once we're out of the race. He's taking the piss.

If he hates you lot, goodness knows what he thinks about us then!

Just now, Numbers said:

Wood is a total waste of a clean shirt.

Was that him with that chance? Away from his positioning and general competition for the ball (as someone else said) being the standard of a competition winner, that's a couple of really good chances that he's totally fluffed.

Absolutely no where near PL standard.

Guest HTT II

Well, that was very enjoyable as a pre-season friendly goes, we look super fit, well up for it and I thought we were the better side in both halves, if not the better footballing side. There are obvious issues with the team in certain areas and we need to strengthen still, but we will be fine next season. I enjoyed the tempo of the game, many moments of our play and if we could add 3 Bruno levels of players to the team, we can have a great season. 

Good intense game for the players. I wish we had more central control and we definitely need more goals in squad too. Second choice defenders werent that great and pope wasnt great but it's a friendly happy overall

Just now, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Was that him with that chance? Away from his positioning and general competition for the ball (as someone else said) being the standard of a competition winner, that's a couple of really good chances that he's totally fluffed.

Absolutely no where near PL standard.

He offers nowt, hes fucking abysmal.

Guest reefatoon

Really enjoyed that. Was a cracking run out and the fitness of the team looks really sharp. The ref being diabolical turned the game a bit silly in parts, but it just added to the spice. Can’t wait to get into the season now.

Well that was class, so entertaining. Ref was a complete tosser but that added to the spice. Exactly what you want in a pre-season game though, tough hard, needing fight and desire, some decent quality, while also working out who's not going to be up to much cop, need to stop the individual errors but think we'll be in for a decent season.

Just now, KaKa said:

If he hates you lot, goodness knows what he thinks about us then!

What I meant is: he usually favors Benfica a lot in games that are worth nothing as a way of eliminating the idea that he hates Benfica. In important games he always pushes us behind as far as he can.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah Wood is shit. I'm not at all convinced he contributed that much to keeping us up.

His signing coincided with Howe starting to turn things around, so yea you're probably correct.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Well that was class, so entertaining. Ref was a complete tosser but that added to the spice. Exactly what you want in a pre-season game though, tough hard, needing fight and desire, some decent quality, while also working out who's not going to be up to much cop, need to stop the individual errors but think we'll be in for a decent season.

Good practice for our European endeavours to come 

1 minute ago, TenkoDaLuz said:

What I meant is: he usually favors Benfica a lot in games that are worth nothing as a way of eliminating the idea that he hates Benfica. In important games he always pushes us behind as far as he can.

Ah, I see. Interesting. Sounds like he's a bit of a lunatic :lol:

2 minutes ago, Howeay said:

Schar and Botman is quite good but Burn or Lascelles having to come in worries me, neither are good enough.

Burn’s fine man 

Just now, Numbers said:
2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah Wood is shit. I'm not at all convinced he contributed that much to keeping us up.

His signing coincided with Howe starting to turn things around, so yea you're probably correct.

S'pose Maxi at CF every week would've been fine.

1 minute ago, Away Toon said:

They were way better nothing undeserved at all.

Yeah they werent. They had the better of certain periods, but they where certainly not "Way better" then us.