Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

Just now, Rod said:

Tonight his passing has been poor and his positioning very iffy.  However  I think he's a great player, just not tonight.  Is it ok on here to express your opinion?

All I said was I'd been watching for 10 minutes and he was best player on the pitch, and you quoted me and called me out and disagreed. Feel free to express your opinion, just don't be shocked when people reply and disagree.

Haven't seen any of the first half or the start of the second and didn't disagree with your assessment for that as I haven't seen it.

1 minute ago, HawK said:

All I said was I'd been watching for 10 minutes and he was best player on the pitch, and you quoted me and called me out and disagreed. Feel free to express your opinion, just don't be shocked when people reply and disagree.

Haven't seen any of the first half or the start of the second and didn't disagree with your assessment for that as I haven't seen it.

So you watched 10 minutes?  I rest my case.

Just now, neesy111 said:

Nah it was fullbacks.

Dunno about that, brought through Finnan and Riise, Johnson, Arbeloa, Aurelio and wanted Targett for us, Manquillo's okay.

Meanwhile Babel, Pennant, Zenden, Reira, Kewell, Almiron, Murphy. Often played Gerrard and Kuyt at RW because he could never get it right.

1 minute ago, Rod said:

So you watched 10 minutes?  I rest my case.

He said that. If you weren't at St James' not many of us saw the first 45 without having a barf bag near.

5 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Defence has been a brick wall today and without our best defender.

Blown away by the defensive shape and how organised and composed we are back there now. It's really so impressive.

Decent pre-season game, as we know that final finish was lacking, but everything else has been decent, sustained some decent Atalanta attacks, and defended solidly so much so I can't remember Pope making a save, and we had a few decent sustained bits of pressure, that could and should have resulted in a few more goals.