Manchester City 5-0 Newcastle United (08/05/2022)

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, Donut said:

Almiron is useless against the good teams in the prem. He was embarrassing against Liverpool and has been poor today as well. Works hard but there's just no end product. 1 goal this season and 0 assists ffs.

You should have stopped at Almiron is useless.  Never EVER seen anything in him at all.  The hype when he arrived was also puzzling.  What has he ever done?

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, duo said:

He's a liability going forward as well constantly loses the ball

Careful the step over nonces will hang you for that.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Sky's build up is unwatchable these days. Obviously the voices can often be the problem but Christ it's adverts after adverts. There's three adverts in the HT break as well now isn't there?

Even the bits that aren't adverts is just them advertising their other programmes. Though there was a 'private' joke shared between the pundits which everyone missed, I suppose. Quality broadcasting. 

7 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Well the commentators say different. Say they have been all over us. There are just so many meh players offering nothing in the team. Im not angry in any sense.. 

They have been all over us but we haven't been bad. The reason they have been all over us is because they are a vastly better side.

I didn't come into this game expecting anything else.

Just now, Rod said:

You should have stopped at Almiron is useless.  Never EVER seen anything in him at all.  The hype when he arrived was also puzzling.  What has he ever done?

And still not our worst forward out there. Too foreign for you?

1 minute ago, Rod said:

Scored our best goal by far this season.

1 minute ago, Rod said:

Harsh

Not the most talented but yet scored a great goal the other week and really works hard tracking back and contributing all over the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

So the HT experts in the Norwegian studio essentially says ASM is to blame for almost all chances created by City as he doesn't pay attention and leaves tons of space on the flank for City to utilize and expose.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Even the bits that aren't adverts is just them advertising their other programmes. Though there was a 'private' joke shared between the pundits which everyone missed, I suppose. Quality broadcasting. 

Just for comparison 

1 minute ago, Kaizero said:

So the HT experts in the Norwegian studio essentially says ASM is to blame for almost all chances created by City as he doesn't pay attention and leaves tons of space on the flank for City to utilize and expose.

Same in Sweden, Freddie Ljungberg stating that even if ASM isn’t a defensive minded player you still need some kind of defensive awareness. Just a far too easy goal to give up on this level. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

On the international feed we got the goals and chances then the goals from all the other games and then an aged Wes Brown talking us through a Man Utd vs Liverpool match from 2008 :lol:

1 minute ago, Rod said:

Won the league in Argentina and the US. Named Best Newcomer of the Year in the MLS and in the Best XI two years running.

Doesn't mean it would translate to the PL but enough there to feel excitement, especially seeing youtube videos him back then.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

And still not our worst forward out there. Too foreign for you?

Not at all.  I think he's useless.  Got a problem with that?

1 minute ago, Kaizero said:

Won the league in Argentina and the US. Named Best Newcomer of the Year in the MLS and in the Best XI two years running.

Doesn't mean it would translate to the PL but enough there to feel excitement, especially seeing youtube videos him back then.

Well I think he's useless.

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

Sorry like but Almiron isn't good enough for us, aye he scored a good goal and has showed flashes of talent but across a season not enough. 

None of them are good enough for us apart from Bruno and Trippier. And probably Wilson.

7 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

We'll score 3 in the 2nd half man. Wilson double and a Tripp's screamer over the wall. 

Got the dog out ( B & W collie) and she's just curled one out. 

I read the future in the pile of turd she left 

That's just Chris Wood mate

Just now, Shearergol said:

Nope, up to you. Is nobody else useless though as you only ever seem to mention him?

Eh?  I think it's the first time I've had a go at him actually.  Are you mixing me up with someone else?

Obviously ASM isn't good defensively but I don't think there's a winger in the world that tracks that run by Cancelo on the first goal. Even if someone did track it, stopping it would be almost impossible as you would need to cut the pass before it hits Cancelo's head.