Manchester City 5-0 Newcastle United (08/05/2022)

Yorkie

They have better players. We knew that.

But what’s annoying me watching this is how much slower of thought we are, when you play a team with a decent press, you need to make the right decision when you actually have the ball, we’ve been terrible in that sense. Even Joe and Bruno have been very quiet.

If we can get our shit together and get one goal they will get nervous. If Wilson is ready send him on.

3 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Don't think he will be here by the time the clubs fighting for top 4 needing to beat them. Hope he is and I feel terrible saying that lol.

I think we should wait until Howe gets to manage a team that's anywhere near top 4 standard before we judge. His record against top 6 teams doesn't bother me right now.

Just now, The Prophet said:

As expected, pretty routine for City. That said, we've actually been more threatening than I expected, the movement of the front three has been alright on the break.

Pretty much how I see it.

Wood should score at 0-0 and Dubravka should've held onto the shot for their 2nd. Haven't done too badly. Most of the ball we've had in this fixture that I can remember. But you can do not too badly and lose 4-0, 5-0.

I mean I like Wood and he works hard. But a free header should be what he excels at, and it't not even surprising when he fluffs it. I genuinely think its a bigger chance if you cross it to Sterling. :lol:

1 minute ago, STM said:

We will beat Arsenal a week on Monday. Especially with Wilson and Trippier. City are different gravy.

I feel our seasons over now man - only now are we maybe seeing how much that run took it out of them both mentally and physically.

The way we’ve played since hitting 43 pts and the way arsenal played today will make it an interesting game to be sure.

Just now, Sima said:

:lol: 

Reminds me of a Spain game in Euro 2012 where at HT Clive Tyldsley mused about the fan’s “silent appreciation”.

:lol::lol::lol: I hope these fuckers have a shit eating grin on their face before and after they spout utter nonsense.

3 minutes ago, maze said:

I didn't expect us to get away with anything but total slaughtering, but my God we are tame to watch. Running around like headless chickens, no plan, no structure, no flair, nothing.

This team is not anywhere near doing what Brighton did yesterday. Most matches we seem to win by somekind of God given fluke.

Complete rubbish.  We are possibly/probably playing the best team in the world.

City are one of the top 3 teams in the World. They're a wounded animal atm after their CL exit and highly motivated by Liverpools draw.

Don't think we've done too badly tbh. Could've had a goal ourselves with a bit of luck/brains.

We can still hurt them in behind their fullbacks.

Just now, nufc123 said:

Its City and its difficult and yada yada yada but we are also very bad. Piss poor goals

You always say this.

We haven't been very bad at all. In fact, we have been above expectation for an opposition of this standard.

We have few players who are so limited. Longstaff, Almiron, Lascelles and Krafth. Surely nice lads, but no use. Almiron really can't kick the ball with his right foot at all?

Edit. And ASM needs to practice decision making.

Edited by KingArthur

Say what you want about our tracking but Man City movement is another level, De Bruyne just seems to carve space from nothing, so good at losing his man. Criminal Wood missed that gift wrapped chance or at least didn't leave it for Big Jow, you don't get many chances against teams like these, you absolutely have to take them.

Almiron is useless against the good teams in the prem. He was embarrassing against Liverpool and has been poor today as well. Works hard but there's just no end product. 1 goal this season and 0 assists ffs.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

You always say this.

We haven't been very bad at all. In fact, we have been above expectation for an opposition of this standard.

Well the commentators say different. Say they have been all over us. There are just so many meh players offering nothing in the team. Im not angry in any sense.. 

Edited by nufc123