Newcastle United 2-0 Arsenal (18/05/2022)

Yorkie

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

As much as I agree with the sentiment that it's difficult to drop some of these players. I do think there is a essence of rose-tinted spectacles with your comments. No matter how well they've done tonight and in the past few weeks Longstaff, Burn, Schar, Dubravka and Almiron are the first 5 that spring to mind that definitely require replacing.

I know alot won't agree with me but we do need a new starting CB, CM, GK and RW as minimum.

Have to agree, we need to stop thinking these are good squad players and think towards a whole new level now . Maybe harsh on one or two of the above but I too get the sentiments. To move to a new level I think we need 4 new players of tremendous quality. Then we need to do that again the season after and the same after that .

Fucking hell what a night that was. We were in the Leazes/ES corner and that’s the best atmosphere I’ve experienced for years and years. 

Objectively very impressed by that NUFC performance. Just better than them all over the pitch.

GTFI.

I fucking love this club. We could easily of scored 3 more last night. We were all over them from the off. Wilson back on the side is a fresh of breath air, you just know when he's on the pitch that we are going to get goals, his clever runs work so well with Bruno's outstanding ability to pick a pass 

Im going to miss SJP but a few more signings and we could defo be breaking into the Top 8

2 hours ago, Mazzy said:

As much as I agree with the sentiment that it's difficult to drop some of these players. I do think there is a essence of rose-tinted spectacles with your comments. No matter how well they've done tonight and in the past few weeks Longstaff, Burn, Schar, Dubravka and Almiron are the first 5 that spring to mind that definitely require replacing.

I know alot won't agree with me but we do need a new starting CB, CM, GK and RW as minimum.

Agree on those 4 positions and we defo need another striker with Wilson being very injury prone. Wilson if fully fit for a whole season would bag 15-20 goals.

Clear the deadwood, sign 4/5 starting players, drop 4/5 current starters to bench and then we have a stronger first 11 and a stronger bench. Our bench often this season has been vastly poorer in quality than the players on the pitch and we haven't had much on it to change games.

I'm sure between Howe, the owners and everyone connected to the club they will smash another window like they did in Jan

First time since keegan I've started a game against arsenal and was confident..

Said it last night.. its the weakest arsenal team I've seen in the prem era.

If this is a top 4 challenging  club we're not far behind.

57 minutes ago, Geordie Magpie said:

I fucking love this club. We could easily of scored 3 more last night. We were all over them from the off. Wilson back on the side is a fresh of breath air, you just know when he's on the pitch that we are going to get goals, his clever runs work so well with Bruno's outstanding ability to pick a pass 

Im going to miss SJP but a few more signings and we could defo be breaking into the Top 8

:lol:

39 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

I agree with sentiments one and three but not sentiment two. In their last six games, us included, Arsenal beat Chelsea and West Ham away and Man U at home.

We outplayed them, but that does not make them shit, regardless of how much the result may have disappointed those in the Sky studio. It means some combination of them having an offday (compared to the recent results mentioned above) and us being good.

For those not paying attention, again those in the Sky studio included, 35 points off the last 18 games also means we must be good in what are hard to deny terms. Nobody flukes half a season.

56 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

It could be an age thing (you may be a lot younger than me!), but the mid-90s Arsenal team was light years behind their current side.

Guest HTT II

Great performance and a sign of things to come, Howe said now that we were safe we would see some more proper football and he delivered.

Edited by HTT II

1 hour ago, Gaztoon said:

They were overwhelmed last night. They couldn't cope with the atmosphere and the aggression that we put into our play. 

Having said that, they are a young side, with some home-grown players, who try to play skilful football, so it would be good for the game if a team like that can compete at the top. 

Not at our expense, of course.

35 minutes ago, Stottie said:

I agree with sentiments one and three but not sentiment two. In their last six games, us included, Arsenal beat Chelsea and West Ham away and Man U at home.

We outplayed them, but that does not make them shit, regardless of how much the result may have disappointed those in the Sky studio. It means some combination of them having an offday (compared to the recent results mentioned above) and us being good.

For those not paying attention, again those in the Sky studio included, 35 points off the last 18 games also means we must be good in what are hard to deny terms. Nobody flukes half a season.

Didn't mean they are shite.. just that  if you think of the teams arsenal used to bring ..its light years away.

Take city and Liverpool out the equation and this league is could be anyone's. 

That arsenal side last night doesn't and didn't frighten me last past arsenal teams.

4 minutes ago, Cronky said:

They were overwhelmed last night. They couldn't cope with the atmosphere and the aggression that we put into our play. 

Having said that, they are a young side, with some home-grown players, who try to play skilful football, so it would be good for the game if a team like that can compete at the top. 

Not at our expense, of course.

They could grow and become world beaters of course.. just looking at the teams before the game ..I had zero fear of them like years past.