General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Not to sound like a broken record but Wijnaldum was much more of a disgrace than Sissoko for the second half of last season including that game

Probably a key reason why they do so poorly against crap sides. The lad cannot be arsed a lot of the timew

3 of his 4 goals have been against City, Chelsea & Arsenal like. Last season for us he scored against Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd & Spurs. It's not like didn't turn up against the 'big boys'.

Not to sound like a broken record but Wijnaldum was much more of a disgrace than Sissoko for the second half of last season including that game

Probably a key reason why they do so poorly against crap sides. The lad cannot be arsed a lot of the timew

3 of his 4 goals have been against City, Chelsea & Arsenal like. Last season for us he scored against Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd & Spurs. It's not like didn't turn up against the 'big boys'.

That was his point

If/When we go up we're going to have to move the away fans next season (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/11/10/away-fans-to-be-pitch-side-at-every-premier-league-game-next-sea/). Have STs gone on sale yet as some people are going to be moved?

I inferred from the fans forum meeting that the club had made representations to the Premier League for permission not to do so on safety grounds.

Cheers chaps, was wondering where they'd go. I'm guessing safety = costs in this instance too as they'd have to reconfigure the ground.

The reason they were moved from the west corner of the L7 Leazes to the east side was to assist policing/stewarding i.e. only having one end of segregation. Would cause problems to move them anywhere else now.

Man Utd paid for their fans’ visas who went last night which is what I said we should have done for the idiots like me who went to Moscow four years ago! They were about £200 each for a three day trip! Scandalous really!

Cheers chaps, was wondering where they'd go. I'm guessing safety = costs in this instance too as they'd have to reconfigure the ground.

The reason they were moved from the west corner of the L7 Leazes to the east side was to assist policing/stewarding i.e. only having one end of segregation. Would cause problems to move them anywhere else now.

Aye, hopefully the club will get their own way.

Absolutely ridiculous rule that offers fuck all other than inconveniencing clubs like us with a grand stadium rather than those daft Lego setups.

Absolutely ridiculous rule that offers f*** all other than inconveniencing clubs like us with a grand stadium rather than those daft Lego setups.

Agreed.

Why was the rule put into place anyway? To give fans a worse view and cause massive inconvenience for stewards and police? And anyway if it was absolutely compulsory wouldn't it only affect us and the mackems (if they stayed up)?

Absolutely ridiculous rule that offers f*** all other than inconveniencing clubs like us with a grand stadium rather than those daft Lego setups.

Agreed.

Why was the rule put into place anyway? To give fans a worse view and cause massive inconvenience for stewards and police? And anyway if it was absolutely compulsory wouldn't it only affect us and the mackems (if they stayed up)?

Aye, we're the only ones who it'd effect. mackems would just move them back to behind the goal.

A rule bought in with Sky's influence to MAKE VIEWING EVEN BETTER!!!

Agreed.

Aye, we're the only ones who it'd effect. mackems would just move them back to behind the goal.

If we had to move them we'd have them out of view of the TV cameras anyway :lol:

Agreed.

Man Utd potentially too.

Agreed.

Man Utd potentially too.

Man Utd don't have to move the away fans as it's a handful of disabled seats below. Can't remember the exact wording of the reason, but they are fine with the current setup.

Agreed.

Man Utd potentially too.

Man Utd don't have to move the away fans as it's a handful of disabled seats below. Can't remember the exact wording of the reason, but they are fine with the current setup.

:thup:

I'm all for it. Anything to wake up the ground on match day.

Guest neesy111

I'm all for it. Anything to wake up the ground on match day.

This.

The main problem I see now also with atmosphere at football is game management by not only players but officials more so. The idea that they are taught these days to calm the game down to avoid incident is very troubling.

Football is far too stop start now with little goalmouth incident to what you should get in 90mins. Ball in play should maybe be included these days to stop time wasting. Probably get 40mins actual football these days.