General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest firetotheworks

I walk past there every day. That's definitely very new. I didn't notice it yesterday.

Guest neesy111

Lets say Murphy's our last summer signing this season where do people think we'll finish? I've gone from top 7 to 13-15th thought we'd make at least one surprising signing under rafa

16th-18th.

Guest firetotheworks

Battling relegation, certainly, providing Rafa stayed. Almost certain relegation if he didn't stay.

Lets say Murphy's our last summer signing this season where do people think we'll finish? I've gone from top 7 to 13-15th thought we'd make at least one surprising signing under rafa

:dowiespin:

:dowiespin:

We made some outstanding signing for a team in the championship i thought we'd do that again, plus 48 points got you 8th last season

Guest neesy111

Top 7.  It's that kind of shite that gets NUFC fans the delusional tagline.

We'll be lucky to stay up, we didn't exactly set the championship alight the 2nd half of last season.

Guest neesy111

He's saying top 7 if we were signing people :lol:

It's hardly delusional to think a team with a top manager could finish in the upper 3rd of a league if they sign good players like.

And the rest of the league are going to stop still and sign shit players?

The rest of the league will do what the always do and stagnate around the 50-60 point mark and below. It's not likely we'll finish in the top 7 even if we bring a load in but 'delusional' especially when contrasted with 'we'll be lucky to stay up' is just daft talk.

We could absolutely finish in the top 7 with sensible signings, it's hardly the greatest achievement ever.

If Murphy's our last signing, I'd say 13th-18th.

Rafa will be gone, therefore, relegated.

I assumed that we were talking if Murphy's our last signing and Rafa is still here. Nailed on relegation if he leaves.

I assumed that we were talking if Murphy's our last signing and Rafa is still here. Nailed on relegation if he leaves.

If we are talking about a hypothetical scenario, then we will have the 3rd worst squad in the league, even with Murphy.

The only reason we would probably avoid the drop is because of the managers undoubted ability to polish a turd  or two.

Yep, there's no chance Rafa will stick around if we go into this season with a relegation fighting squad. If he's here we should be in a fairly strong position. Not as strong as we could be as Mike's taking the piss again.