General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Random thought but wish I’d appreciated Batty more when he was here. I loved him but obviously the flair players got the headlines and love. He was just fucking quality.

He definitely comes under the banner of players we wish we'd seen more of.
Never been more surprised by the quality of a player than him. Thought he was just a hard nose but i was blown away by how good he was.

@Disco a fan I think too.

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Random thought but wish I’d appreciated Batty more when he was here. I loved him but obviously the flair players got the headlines and love. He was just fucking quality.

Loved Cabaye but I still think Batty's the best central midfielder I've seen play for us.

I loved Batty when I was little, he was my official favourite player (as I had to have at that age) after Peter Beardsley left.

I always assumed he was a big part of Blackburn's PL win, but just seen he was out injured most that year and only played 5 games.

5 minutes ago, Anderson said:

City game moved forward to Friday 14th. Thought they were meant to be getting pushed back to allow fans in?

Nar, last two games are when fans are in so Sheff Utd home and Fulham for us!

So, we'll play at home on the Tuesday or Wednesday surely? 

48 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

It's yyyears since I've seen that, remember seeing the ball sitting thing as a kid. Were we trying to run the game out for any greater significance, or just win the match?

"Kenny Kenny sit on the ball, Kenny sit on the ball"   so he did, class day.

2 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

It's yyyears since I've seen that, remember seeing the ball sitting thing as a kid. Were we trying to run the game out for any greater significance, or just win the match?

IIRC we won comfortably 4-0. 

1 hour ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

I know we lost but the atmosphere at this game was incredible, the roar just before kick off :lol:

Just had a flick through, I can't tell who for, but just after he misses the pen Shearer should've laid off someone - I can't tell who, Nobby maybe. Would've been a great chance, think he's rattled and trying to score himself. Hadn't remembered that.