General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I remember Ruel Fox being rapid but I was still quite young then, I can't actually remember whether or not he actually was. 

Edited by Joey

All mentioned deserve a shout.

Dave Cotterill the quickest player I’ve ever seen live in person, when he was playing for Wigan. Brought on as a sub in a FA 3rd against Portsmouth. Squared up his defender, classic knock one side, run the other.. and he was gone! 

Pace + Ability/effectiveness is the real question nobody is answering here though... 

Yedlin and Obertan obvious names for running fast but having no clue what to do when defending/attacking. 

I enjoyed the Distin shout, but I’m suggesting Colo.

I remember him to be rather quick, he was one of the best CBs in Premier League for a  two season period.

17 hours ago, LFEE said:

I reckon Yedlin probably the fastest ever. I’m sure there’s some crazy stuff on him on YT. 

Robert was fastest I ever saw with the ball.

Enrique was deceptively fast. Never looked quick but could almost always recover to catch the quickest

Article about Kenedy in The Athletic:

A loan move to Newcastle United in January 2018 provided a chance to focus on football again. They were in a relegation scrap when Kenedy joined but turned things around in stirring fashion in the second half of the season, winning six of their last 12 matches to finish 10th. The Brazilian became an instant fan favourite, and the appreciation was mutual.

“I felt at home there,” he recalls. “I can still remember my first game at St James’ Park. It was spectacular. We only drew (1-1 against Burnley), but it was a great game. I could feel the warmth of the fans in the stadium. My friend was watching from the stands, and when I spoke to him after the match he said that he had felt the same thing.

“Those first few months were great. It was a brilliant end to the season. The Newcastle supporters are amazing, so fanatic. I’m happy to have experienced that. It was the best.”

Kenedy has fond memories of Rafa Benitez — “He taught me how to be a team player, to do my job in a system” — and says he clicked with many of his team-mates from that time: he is still in touch with Ayoze Perez, Joselu, Javier Manquillo and Salomon Rondon. Spot the pattern there? “It was easier to speak Spanish,” he laughs. “I didn’t understand much English down in London, so imagine me up there in Newcastle with that accent! It was complicated.”

After those initial six months, it was no surprise that Chelsea allowed him to return to Tyneside for the 2018-19 campaign. But his performances fell off a cliff: he missed a late penalty in a 0-0 draw against Cardiff City in the second match of the season and things didn’t pick up much thereafter. He accepts now that he was below par. But there were, he explains, mitigating circumstances.

“It was a difficult season, really tough,” he says. “My family stayed in London when I went up to Newcastle, and it was just different. I was used to being on my own because I left home as a teenager. But when you start a family, it becomes more difficult when you’re far away.”

Shame he fell off a cliff he was so good those first few months

I’m sure many of us recall spending time in a couple of the shit holes mentioned in this article. Used to always get a bit of a buzz starting off the pre match circuit in the Adelphi in my younger days, even though the beer was absolutely shit. Great memories particularly on derby days when the place used to be rammed from opening time.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/notorious-pubs-clubs-newcastle-city-15182609

50 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Best NUFC game you've been to?

This for me, scenes in our end when Nobby slotted. 

Man U home 4-3 a close second.

Derby away probably third, winning after being 2 down with 20 mins left to keep our CL hopes alive.

Possibly my favourite  too, definitely in top few. The game, going top of the league at xmas, the snow, being at Leeds.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

4 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Possibly my favourite  too, definitely in top few. The game, going top of the league at xmas, the snow, being at Leeds.

It was fucking freezing, remember jumping up and down on the spot before the game to try and keep warm.

2 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

It was fucking freezing, remember jumping up and down on the spot before the game to try and keep warm.

Aye it was. Tension with Lee Bowyer added to the atmosphere too, getting loads of stick from us for the court trial and had a good go at us when he scored.

16 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Aye it was. Tension with Lee Bowyer added to the atmosphere too, getting loads of stick from us for the court trial and had a good go at us when he scored.

The atmosphere was fantastic from both sets of fans, it just doesn't feel the same these days (probably a lot to do with show shit we are).

Edited by ToonArmy1892

7 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Best NUFC game you've been to?

This for me, scenes in our end when Nobby slotted. 

Man U home 4-3 a close second.

Derby away probably third, winning after being 2 down with 20 mins left to keep our CL hopes alive.

Tough choice

Newcastle 5-0 Man Utd

Newcastle 3-2 Barcelona

Newcastle 7-1 Leicester

Inter 2-2 Newcastle

Newcastle 5-1 Sunderland

Newcastle 4-3 Man Utd

Hard to pick one out of those but if I absolutely had to chose it would probably be the 5-0.

Barcelona at home

Sunderland away OBrien

Leicester at home winning with a McGee winner I think

Spurs 76 in league Cup .my first ever.

Rotherham away Keegan 

Liverpool away defeat in the cup when we were in 2and division.the fans were incredible. "We'll be back again next year!" As we were