General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

54 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Yep as a result of pending court action regarding indecency with his son

Threw an ashtray which hit him i believe. Read up on him as he played with both Airdrie & Newcastle. He’s got a street named after him here in Airdrie 

13 minutes ago, Collage said:

Updated version coming up apparently, with Rob Lee and Tony Green among others...the guy doing it will be selling it when finished

Just need Len White and I think there is not many more. Nope I reckon Terry Hibbitt should be in also for sure. Big Wyn Davies possibly also. Mind it’s seems to be more of a case of likeable characters, as there is certainly a couple who wouldn’t get mentioned as all time greats usually 

Edited by et tu brute

13 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

Not sure if it's been posted but a guy from ESPN ranked the 98 teams from the 'Big Five' leagues in terms of watchability.

We came 97th :lol: 

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-espn-fc-united/story/4350296/bayernbarcelona-are-fun-man-united-over-man-city-who-tops-our-watchability-power-rankings

I’m going to have to watch Cadiz play to check this for authenticity.

17 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Having a debate with my dad about the fastest player we've seen for Newcastle, he reckons Macdonald was faster than the likes of Bellamy, Oba and Yedlin...thoughts?

Macdonald ran the 100m in 10.9 seconds on a cinder track in plimsols which was an Olympic qualifying time in those days, so it's fair to say he was incredibly quick.

Edited by UncleBingo

Macdonald won the first 100m in 11 seconds, but there was a false start - and they had to re-run it. 

Incredibly, Supermac ran even faster, clocking up an incredible 10.9 seconds, a Superstars record - and quick enough to be an Olympic qualifying time that year. 

Malcolm remembers: "After I won the 100m sprint, TV presenter Ron Pickering came up and said 'Malcolm, you're the second fastest man in Europe this year'." Those of us who'd seen him in action weren't surprised. 

On 04/04/2021 at 20:55, ToonArmy1892 said:

Having a debate with my dad about the fastest player we've seen for Newcastle, he reckons Macdonald was faster than the likes of Bellamy, Oba and Yedlin...thoughts?

I reckon Yedlin probably the fastest ever. I’m sure there’s some crazy stuff on him on YT. 

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

I reckon Yedlin probably the fastest ever. I’m sure there’s some crazy stuff on him on YT. 

Yedlin for me. Reckon Distin might be up there too plus Obertan was quick albeit refused to use it.