General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

Anybody else think we are not going to get the rub of the green this season ? We seem to be having a bad luck streak just now, hopefully I'm just being extra pessimistic 

Luck’s impossible to quantify really. We had so few major injuries last season. We got Isak over Ekitike unexpectedly. We had terrible luck with VAR calls last season. I don’t really care what goes on as long as we don’t see appalling and corrupt officiating 

Not just for us but also Everton and Arsenal, who have had their game switched from 5.30pm on Saturday to the 4.30pm Sunday slot. I guess they took a punt on us being drawn on the Wendesday and Arsenal being the Tuesday. If one of those fixtures had been between two non-Champions League clubs then they could have just got it right first time around. 

43 minutes ago, madras said:

Yet more utter contempt for match going fans. This game should never have been moved to a Sunday knowing there was a 50% chance it would be moved again at very short notice.

Brentford supporters will have to leave at 70 minutes if they want to get a train back to London.

Our game and the Arsenal game should either have not been televised or both been originally picked to be Saturday kick offs without the CL stipulations. Fans continue to be treated like shit. 

Bit of a side note, but I find it interesting how the fan base and this forum has changed over the last year or so, this isn't a criticism, or a compliment, it's just something I've noticed.

A year ago this place would have been absolutely buzzing after that result today, a hard fought win against a good side in a very dogged display, everyone would have been ecstatic and the overall mood joyous, but it hasn't felt like that today, today there seems to be much more critique and dismissiveness towards the performance, with people immediately being critical/skeptical of players performances etc. Now normally that would happen eventually, but it wouldn't be in the immediate aftermath of the game, it'd be the following day, or later in the day.  

I don't know if it's because of inflated expectation, people looking toward the Milan game, or if i'm just imagining it, but just thought it was an interesting look at how perspectives change so quickly.

Edited by 54

Just now, El Prontonise said:

We've spent a lot of money over the last 5/6 years mind even under Ashley, we are in the top 6/7 so expectations come from that 

I'm not disagreeing with that for what it's worth, we're a top 7 club now so expectations need to be higher, but it's more the fact that the feeling of ecstasy that would normally have accompanied a win last season, hasn't been here today. Like I said its not a criticism, it's just something I noticed and it's something that will probably happen more and more and we'll have to get used to if we ever get as successful as say a Man City, but man does that feel souless.

10 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

We've spent a lot of money over the last 5/6 years mind even under Ashley, we are in the top 6/7 so expectations come from that 

Top 7 teams lose to Man City, Liverpool and Brighton. The way some people have went on has been pathetic. I couldn't come on here or Twitter for my own mental health for about 10 days after Brighton, had to mute one person just to face coming back. Sounds a bit sad but it was depressing seeing some of the stuff from our fanbase.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Brighton have thumped Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal in the last season and a bit. Majority top 6 clubs.

Money and fame brings expectations though, many still feel Brighton as a inferior club punching above their weight surely?