General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

7 hours ago, Disco said:

Who wrote that out of interest? Lads in/on the Guardian have been hoping that we peddle Bruno and Isak all summer. They’re gutted it hasn’t come to fruition. 

Seen some absolutely mental predicted finishes from the BBC and Guardian. 9th and 8th I believe. Frothing for us to fail. 

3 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Seen some absolutely mental predicted finishes from the BBC and Guardian. 9th and 8th I believe. Frothing for us to fail. 

Is it a mental take that we'd finish 8th? It would be a failure, obviously, but there's huge talent all across the top half. Not implausible that the likes of Brighton, West Ham, Villa, Wolves all have really good seasons. I'm optimistic that Chelsea will continue to falter and the Ange thing will go up in flames sooner rather than later, but we won't be the only side trying to take advantage. 

36 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Is it a mental take that we'd finish 8th? It would be a failure, obviously, but there's huge talent all across the top half. Not implausible that the likes of Brighton, West Ham, Villa, Wolves all have really good seasons. I'm optimistic that Chelsea will continue to falter and the Ange thing will go up in flames sooner rather than later, but we won't be the only side trying to take advantage. 

Granted, I was more talking about the prediction of ninth from the Beeb.

I'd still expect an objective appraisal to have us higher than eighth, mind. Particularly when they're pushing Man Utd for fifth. 

Off the back of the Schar chat, was just looking at apparent contract expiration on Transfermarkt:

End of this season:

Ruddy, Gillespie Dubravka, Trippier, Krafth, Lascalles Schar, Burn, Lewis, Longstaff, Fraser, Wilson.

25/26

Pope, Targett, Hayden, Almiron, Gordon 

26/27

Botman, Willock, Murphy

Fully expect a few new deals to be flying about once the transfer window closes.

Anyone else get that survey? 

Asked opinions on a dozen clubs but not the SMB? Very strange 

Edited by GlenMag
Spelling crap

Thought I’d pop in here for a bit of calming reflection… . My catching up on this site this evening has so far involved the Marc Guehi saga, the tantalising Tapsoba tease, and Raheem fecking Sterling in the transfer rumours. This transfer free zone is a killer for the NUFC obsessed. 

On 19/08/2024 at 05:26, The Prophet said:

Off the back of the Schar chat, was just looking at apparent contract expiration on Transfermarkt:

End of this season:

Ruddy, Gillespie Dubravka, Trippier, Krafth, Lascalles Schar, Burn, Lewis, Longstaff, Fraser, Wilson.

25/26

Pope, Targett, Hayden, Almiron, Gordon 

26/27

Botman, Willock, Murphy

Fully expect a few new deals to be flying about once the transfer window closes.

From that list the only ones I'd be racing to do would be Schar and Gordon. 

I wouldn't mind that as long as it's only in a Dummett last season capacity. Another year of experience for Hall and Botman back should mean he's 3rd LB behind Hall and Kelly and 3rd CB behind Botman and Kelly. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

3 hours ago, Skeletor said:

49:03 onwards. Jason Tindall :lol: 

@Kaizero and other Norwegians, Ødegaard doesn't get his own name right here does he? Sounds like he is doing an English version of both first and last name :lol:

Interesting that Isak pronounced it Ee-Zak. I'm sure when he first joined there was an interview where he said Eye-Zak? 

Proper enjoyed the multiple players being asked to slow it down, saying "yeah sure" and then proceeding to say it in exactly the same way they had the first time :lol:

2 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Interesting that Isak pronounced it Ee-Zak. I'm sure when he first joined there was an interview where he said Eye-Zak? 

Proper enjoyed the multiple players being asked to slow it down, saying "yeah sure" and then proceeding to say it in exactly the same way they had the first time :lol:

Second time he does it, when he's asked to slow it down, he makes it very Swedish.

23 minutes ago, Disco said:

That guy saying overseas commentators must absolutely hate his life.

Manages to sound faintly surprised at having to ask them every time.

8 minutes ago, 80 said:

Manages to sound faintly surprised at having to ask them every time.

Mad how the edit on the video includes it every single time. :lol: Great content. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Mad how the edit on the video includes it every single time. :lol: Great content. 

Why doesn't he just open with that, say your name slowly for overseas commentators? :lol:

37 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Why doesn't he just open with that, say your name slowly for overseas commentators? :lol:

I assumed they wanted 2 takes, one for the English speaking and one for overseas. If not that's hilarious :lol: