General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Does anyone know what my chances are of getting a couple tickets on general sale for the Chelsea game? Kinda under the impression that they'll be extremely difficult to get?

Slim to non-existent.

When did the whole 17th minute applause stop happening? Pretty sure it was there for most of last season

I was wondering this recently. But I got to scared to post it in case I reminded a super fan like Wallsendmag and he started it off again :lol:

When did the whole 17th minute applause stop happening? Pretty sure it was there for most of last season

It was a nice touch but lasted at least a season too many. Even ended up in some confrontation when I stopped doing it but others around me continued. Like I was lacking respect. I pointed out that even the families of John and Liam  said it didn't  have to go on.

It was very ad hoc last season - for the first few games it was there but then it was very random. It had disappeared completely before Christmas IIRC.

Nah, I was in level for the 2nd half of last season and there were loads who clapped and seemed annoyed that others didn’t clap. I think they last game of the season it might have been gone as the atmosphere of the day took over. First game of the season against Spurs I noticed there wasn’t any claps.

It was very ad hoc last season - for the first few games it was there but then it was very random. It had disappeared completely before Christmas IIRC.

I was over around February and pretty sure it was there

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/04/45-year-history-pfa-team-year-16-occasions-newcastle-players-made-side-newcastle-united/

If any Newcastle player makes the 46th Premier League/Top tier PFA team of the year in 2018/19, then it would be all but certain that the good times had really returned to St James Park, here’s hoping.

1973/74 Malcolm Macdonald

1978/79 (Second tier PFA team) Peter Withe

1979/80 (Second tier PFA team) Peter Withe

1982/83 (Second tier PFA team) Kevin Keegan

1983/84 (Second tier PFA team) Kevin Keegan

1984/85 Chris Waddle

1986/87 Peter Beardsley

1987/88 Paul Gascoigne

1989/90 (Second tier PFA team) Mick Quinn

1992/93 (Second tier PFA team) John Beresford, Lee Clark, Gavin Peacock

1993/94 Peter Beardsley

1995/96 Robert Lee, David Ginola, Les Ferdinand

1996/97 David Batty, Alan Shearer

1997/98 David Batty

2001/02 Shay Given

2002/03 Kieron Dyer, Alan Shearer

2005/06 Shay Given

2009/10 (Second tier PFA team) Fabricio Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Kevin Nolan, Andy Carroll

2011/12 Fabricio Coloccini

2016/17 (Second tier PFA team) Jamaal Lascelles, Jonjo Shelvey, Dwight Gayle

Is anyone expecting a Newcastle player to get in the TOTY like? :lol: We've been largely shite.

Article's referring to inclusion in next seasons team. This year's has already been announced. We didn't have anyone in it. Probably because we've been largely shite.

Is anyone expecting a Newcastle player to get in the TOTY like? :lol: We've been largely shite.

Article's referring to inclusion in next seasons team. This year's has already been announced. We didn't have anyone in it. Probably because we've been largely shite.

:lol: I see. I thought I had seen it already, had presumed it was unofficial.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/04/45-year-history-pfa-team-year-16-occasions-newcastle-players-made-side-newcastle-united/

If any Newcastle player makes the 46th Premier League/Top tier PFA team of the year in 2018/19, then it would be all but certain that the good times had really returned to St James Park, here’s hoping.

1973/74 Malcolm Macdonald

1978/79 (Second tier PFA team) Peter Withe

1979/80 (Second tier PFA team) Peter Withe

1982/83 (Second tier PFA team) Kevin Keegan

1983/84 (Second tier PFA team) Kevin Keegan

1984/85 Chris Waddle

1986/87 Peter Beardsley

1987/88 Paul Gascoigne

1989/90 (Second tier PFA team) Mick Quinn

1992/93 (Second tier PFA team) John Beresford, Lee Clark, Gavin Peacock

1993/94 Peter Beardsley

1995/96 Robert Lee, David Ginola, Les Ferdinand

1996/97 David Batty, Alan Shearer

1997/98 David Batty

2001/02 Shay Given

2002/03 Kieron Dyer, Alan Shearer

2005/06 Shay Given

2009/10 (Second tier PFA team) Fabricio Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Kevin Nolan, Andy Carroll

2011/12 Fabricio Coloccini

2016/17 (Second tier PFA team) Jamaal Lascelles, Jonjo Shelvey, Dwight Gayle

How the fuck did Batty sneak into that 1998 team given how shit we were and that Arsenal alone had Vieira & Petit that season? :lol: