General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

i'd have him in our squad this season tbh [emoji38]

Maybe he's so passed it that he's actually in orbit - otherwise, definitely not, he's not been canny poor for a few years now.

Wish we got to see him here around 2011/12 though, big fan of his.

It's the law that if you mention Berbatov you have to call him a languid player.

:lol:

Noted

Guest chopey

We cant have a wage bill of over £112 million with what we spend on players, £112,000,000 divide say 50 staff ?? gives everyone £43,000 a week I bet we dont have 15 people on that at the club

We cant have a wage bill of over £112 million with what we spend on players, £112,000,000 divide say 50 staff ?? gives everyone £43,000 a week I bet we dont have 15 people on that at the club

Includes bonuses and £30m of wages we're writing off from players who will never play for us again. Hence it's bullshit accounting.

Chelsea game gone to public sale, these sort of games were selling out at the member sale last season.

Yep - I know you can argue that it's holiday season but tickets are on general sale for Cardiff and there is 1300 left for Man City!

Includes bonuses and £30m of wages we're writing off from players who will never play for us again. Hence it's bullshit accounting.

Various fans with professional accountancy qualifications have analysed the accounts for these instances of 'creative accounting'. The BBC and others just quoted the £112m as fact without questioning it. That's what the fans are dealing with when we take on Mike Ashley. We're on our own. Don't expect any help from journalists. Most of them are happy to print what they are spoon fed.

Various fans with professional accountancy qualifications have analysed the accounts for these instances of 'creative accounting'. The BBC and others just quoted the £112m as fact without questioning it. That's what the fans are dealing with when we take on Mike Ashley. We're on our own. Don't expect any help from journalists. Most of them are happy to print what they are spoon fed.

Not that it really matters but my mate noticed that the chart that showed the wages to turnover ratio had a footnote that stated that Brighton and Huddersfield’s figures included bonus payments for promotion, but didn’t say anything about Newcastle. So he tweeted one of the reporters to question it. The reporter replied saying it was an ‘oversight’ and he would get it amended, which, fair play, he did pretty sharpish, but it doesn’t help dissuade any conspiracy theories around Ashley’s crew and media spin....

I've seen a lot of people saying that they reckon we are in for a season of struggle and potentially going down this season, not just Newcastle fans, but supporters of other clubs, while I know we havent strengthened anywhere near as much as we should have (that being a massive understatement), I actually think we will be relatively comfortable this season. Kenedy and Dubravka added so much to us in the second half of last season, and the players we actually have been able to bring in could be shrewd signings, reckon we will finish 12th-10th without being in much bother.

Guest firetotheworks

The stripes look tacky as fuck imo, much prefer the grey. Would look so much better without SD leaving its indellible mark on the place like.

The stripes look tacky as fuck imo, much prefer the grey. Would look so much better without SD leaving its indellible mark on the place like.

Pretty much this, only way it would get worse than the stripes would be if ‘NUFC’ was depicted in the seats.

The seats do need replacing (many aspects of the ground do), but another set of grey seats would be better.

Don't know if this is should go in here or in daft questions but seeing as our midweek home games are always scheduled for Wednesdays, if one of our games is picked by the TV wankers, does it definitely stay on the Wednesday?