General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Ditching Best definitely upset me more than Lovenkrands. He may have gone on a sharp decline after moving but he'd found his feet at the club and always did a job when called upon.

Yeah, I enjoyed Lovenkrands' time with us, but selling Best was a lunatic decision (always absenting some lifestyle or personal issues, of course).

I can't believe that in all the time of supporting this club, this is the first time i've ever read anything about Derek Wright. I've even given him stick for being Doctor Death but he genuinely sounds like a brilliant guy and a great physio. Who knew?!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/revealed-secrets-of-newcastles-physio-friend-and-agony-aunt-derek-wright-6xgpzwj3s?shareToken=76d4a680c2f8a204fb49ee6ee229f833

I can't believe that in all the time of supporting this club, this is the first time i've ever read anything about Derek Wright. I've even given him stick for being Doctor Death but he genuinely sounds like a brilliant guy and a great physio. Who knew?!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/revealed-secrets-of-newcastles-physio-friend-and-agony-aunt-derek-wright-6xgpzwj3s?shareToken=76d4a680c2f8a204fb49ee6ee229f833

Worth putting up the whole article: -

https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=65181.msg6815493#msg6815493

Agree with .com here, the beer chuckers etc are embarrassing, probably the same lot who sing about empty seats when we haven't sold our allocation  :facepalm:

"Some travellers were disappointed by City's decision not to sell alcohol at half time - presumably the same travellers who were chucking beer around before kick off. Stop behaving like savages and you never know, things might improve. Better still, just stop in the house."

Agree with .com here, the beer chuckers etc are embarrassing, probably the same lot who sing about empty seats when we haven't sold our allocation  :facepalm:

"Some travellers were disappointed by City's decision not to sell alcohol at half time - presumably the same travellers who were chucking beer around before kick off. Stop behaving like savages and you never know, things might improve. Better still, just stop in the house."

A section of our away support are braindead, be the same lot who sing "sign on" and sing about stealing stereos at Anfield and just try to generally cause bother. Can completely see why older fans who travelled away in the 70s, 80s and 90s have packed it in because of those dickheads.

I have, when Keegan took his first Pre season as manager I felt great.

The Keegan years first time round were unreal. I can remember dreading the day he would leave, when it happened I was in Manchester and it was like a punch in the gut. Even the Mancunians were too shocked to take the piss.

Fantastic clip that Tommy Cassidy one. I started going the year before. 1st game was v West Ham funnily enough so really takes me back. Wish i still loved the game as much now as i did back then. Can't even be bothered with MOTD half the time now. Back in those days even clubs like Ipswich and WBA were decent where as now you have the same sides top 6 almost every season. Very few matches were televised so when there was football on TV you really appreciated it. It's just saturation and overkill now. God i sound old.

I have, when Keegan took his first Pre season as manager I felt great.

The Keegan years first time round were unreal. I can remember dreading the day he would leave, when it happened I was in Manchester and it was like a punch in the gut. Even the Mancunians were too shocked to take the piss.

They were unbelievable times. I remember the 1992/93 season and my dad would always park at the Dental hospital and as soon as we opened the car doors we could hear all the crowd inside SJP singing their hearts out and this was an hour and a quarter before kick off!

The buzz was just unbelievable back then. Sadly those days will never be back. Football has changed too much.