General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I've never seen that before. Was surprised how very respectful Cole was there.

I'll still view that decision with a mixture of anger, confusion and disappointment.

It was ridiculous to sell him in his prime and even more so to a title rival.

Funny to see that even back then the media somehow managed to squeeze in potshots and digs. Glad to see something's never change.

I've never seen that before. Was surprised how very respectful Cole was there.

I'll still view that decision with a mixture of anger, confusion and disappointment.

It was ridiculous to sell him in his prime and even more so to a title rival.

Funny to see that even back then the media somehow managed to squeeze in potshots and digs. Glad to see something's never change.

Was Keegan’s decision by all accounts, Cole and Lee Clark actually went on a scouting trip with KK and Terry Mac to Anfield to watch Ferdinand play for QPR.

The idea was to pair Cole and Ferdinand but obviously Keegan changed his mind. If I remember rightly he said the deal would never have happened if Gillespie hadn’t been included.

Cole had hit his first dodgy patch for us and had been suffering with shin splints badly. It didn’t work out to bad with Ferdinand, but got to say that first season back up Beardsley and Cole were exciting and unstoppable at times.

Have people forgotten that the reason Cole lost respect was him joining in with 'cheer up Kevin keegan' at Wembley with man utd, including 'shite football team' lost any respect for the guy after that

Have people forgotten that the reason Cole lost respect was him joining in with 'cheer up Kevin keegan' at Wembley with man utd, including 'shite football team' lost any respect for the guy after that

Haven't forgotten it. In fact, this revelation raised that very incident, in my mind. I look at it differently now.

Boo Hoo the nasty man sang a song about us. he was and still is an NUFC legend. He should never have been sold.

Also used to miss time his jump when going up for a header about 3 seconds too early so he was already back on the ground when the ball arrived in the air to him. Used to be funny to watch though!

Ferdinand & Shearer were of a similar height to him amd were both lethal in the air because they could time their jump properly.

Guest neesy111

Scored 11 brilliant goals for NUFC and 57 tap ins courtesy of Beardsley. Ferdinand and Shearer who came in after he was sold were far superior players.

He was a right huffy twat as well.

What a load of bullshit.

Scored 11 brilliant goals for NUFC and 57 tap ins courtesy of Beardsley. Ferdinand and Shearer who came in after he was sold were far superior players.

He was a right huffy twat as well.

What a load of bullshit.

Ferdinand and Shearer were far better players. Only an idiot would disagree.