General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest Cheesy Beans

He’s got a point

Armstrong looked like a fish out of water in our side. He started well last season too but only ended up with 16 goals in 46 appearances at Championship level. He’s a decent Championship player but doesn’t look any better than that. He only scored 5 the season before despite starting regularly (31 starts).

Didn’t realise but he never scored a single goal for us.

Toney wasn’t ever given a single chance though and has always looked good whenever I’ve seen him.

He’s got a point

Armstrong looked like a fish out of water in our side. He started well last season too but only ended up with 16 goals in 46 appearances at Championship level. He’s a decent Championship player but doesn’t look any better than that. He only scored 5 the season before despite starting regularly (31 starts).

Toney wasn’t ever given a single chance though and has always looked good whenever I’ve seen him.

Arma never got a chance either like. Started one league game for us when he was 17/18 and that was basically the last time he got a chance

Guest Cheesy Beans

He’s got a point

Arma never got a chance either like. Started one league game for us when he was 17/18 and that was basically the last time he got a chance

He made 11 appearances in 14/15 (albeit only 1 start) but his minutes on the pitch totalled nearly 3 full matches, he was fairly poor throughout. We’ve also had him in training/preseason and he’s been sent out on loan to Barnsley, Bolton & Blackburn before he was sold - he tends to perform well at the first part of the season and then tail off (he did it for both Barnsley and Blackburn and has started well again this year).

Throughout the whole of that period he has been managed/overseen by 4(?) different managers, including Rafa and none of them have obviously rated him enough to play him. Other than playing him upfront for 5-10 games (with no indication he’s actually good enough for the role), what other chance does he need? On that basis we need to give every youth player a run in the side in the PL before deciding to flog them.

It’s hardly like he was given 1 start and then flogged, he was here for years and didn’t show anything at any point that he’d have been a useful player. He maybe could have got more chance when we were relegated, but we had a good squad at that level so he was never needed.

The whole youth setup is dreadful and as others have said before, the fact that our youth players tend to move to L2 and below in their career goes to show the poor development we have.

He’s got a point

He made 11 appearances in 14/15 (albeit only 1 start) but his minutes on the pitch totalled nearly 3 full matches, he was fairly poor throughout. We’ve also had him in training/preseason and he’s been sent out on loan to Barnsley, Bolton & Blackburn before he was sold - he tends to perform well at the first part of the season and then tail off (he did it for both Barnsley and Blackburn and has started well again this year).

Throughout the whole of that period he has been managed/overseen by 4(?) different managers, including Rafa and none of them have obviously rated him enough to play him. Other than playing him upfront for 5-10 games (with no indication he’s actually good enough for the role), what other chance does he need? On that basis we need to give every youth player a run in the side in the PL before deciding to flog them.

It’s hardly like he was given 1 start and then flogged, he was here for years and didn’t show anything at any point that he’d have been a useful player. He maybe could have got more chance when we were relegated, but we had a good squad at that level so he was never needed.

The whole youth setup is dreadful and as others have said before, the fact that our youth players tend to move to L2 and below in their career goes to show the poor development we have.

I sort of see where you’re coming from here but the alternatives that were given starts turned out to be awful. Apart from the season Armstrong played left wing for Blackburn he’s looked really good, albeit a bit weak (from the odd highlights I’ve seen). I wish he’d have been given a few starts in the Championship to see how he’d have fared here. He’d certainly have been more use to us now in his current state than Carroll, Joselu, Muto and Gayle has been.

Toney is a more difficult one and it’s more a pier reflection on how we deal with youth players. He absolutely wasn’t ready at for Premier League football but he started to look decent at the time we sold him. I don’t get why he wasn’t given a new contact and loaned a couple more times. That one will definitely be looked back on as poor business.

He’s got a point

I sort of see where you’re coming from here but the alternatives that were given starts turned out to be awful. Apart from the season Armstrong played left wing for Blackburn he’s looked really good, albeit a bit weak (from the odd highlights I’ve seen). I wish he’d have been given a few starts in the Championship to see how he’d have fared here. He’d certainly have been more use to us now in his current state than Carroll, Joselu, Muto and Gayle has been.

Toney is a more difficult one and it’s more a pier reflection on how we deal with youth players. He absolutely wasn’t ready at for Premier League football but he started to look decent at the time we sold him. I don’t get why he wasn’t given a new contact and loaned a couple more times. That one will definitely be looked back on as poor business.

I'd have liked to see them both given at least a bit more of a chance considering the alternatives at the time but it would be hard to see how they'd have fit into our playstyle (or this league)