General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Diame v Chelsea (think it was the last game of the season) is the most recent I can remember.

Aye. We were awesome that day, absolutely stuffed Chelsea. 5-0 wouldn't have flattered us in the slightest. Remember Diame utterly outmuscling Kante off the ball and striking a shot at goal which just went past the post. He was possessed after Lascelles chinned him.

It's totally immoral that the taxpayer is subsidising Premier League football clubs like.

So they can pay for every other business that’s suffering because of covid restrictions but not football? Don’t get that at all

It's totally immoral that the taxpayer is subsidising Premier League football clubs like.

So they can pay for every other business that’s suffering because of covid restrictions but not football? Don’t get that at all

If football clubs claim they can't afford to pay their staff with the vast amounts of money coming in then it is incompetence at best and greed at worst. Any big business that can afford to pay their staff without mooching off the taxpayer should do so. This isn't what the furlough system is meant to be for.

Guest neesy111

If football clubs claim they can't afford to pay their staff with the vast amounts of money coming in then it is incompetence at best and greed at worst. Any big business that can afford to pay their staff without mooching off the taxpayer should do so. This isn't what the furlough system is meant to be for.

:thup:

Guest neesy111

Also football clubs are getting it lucky that they have been exempted from restrictions, they should be fucking lucky they are getting to play games.

I know that’s a problem with the system though rather than the use - I guarantee a lot of businesses that are using it are just increasing profits rather than actually avoiding going bust.

I agree it’s immoral I just think football gets a lot of stick but so many’s other places equally or maybe even more taking the piss

I know that’s a problem with the system though rather than the use - I guarantee a lot of businesses that are using it are just increasing profits rather than actually avoiding going bust.

I agree it’s immoral I just think football gets a lot of stick but so many’s other places equally or maybe even more taking the piss

Fair enough :thup:

I suppose it's naturally going to happen with football clubs, I know a fair bit about NUFC's finances and the way the club is run just by virtue of being a fan of the club. So it sticks in the throat that we're fucking over future generations getting into even more debt to help institutions that I know don't need the support like NUFC. There are doubtless lots of other companies milking the system as well though, as you say - it's just that barely any layman pays any attention to their finances.

Guest Howaythetoon

Spot on, not to blow my own trumpet, but I run a shitty SME and could have easily put us all on furlough but fuck that, as a business we can just about afford to operate and pay the wages, bills etc. and if so so we should. Football in the top flight is awash with money, fuck them.

I’m sure Tino only got a 2-3 game ban for the elbow/headbutt/spit as well and it didn’t start until beginning of the following season.

EDIT: Just the 1 match ban, he missed Everton away and that’s it. Took 4 months to decide. :lol:

n May 1996, the Columbian international was suspended for one match and fined £10,000 after clashing with Keith Curle,

Outrageous pass by Tino and WTF was Albert doing there?! 3-3 - lively affair!

I was at that match as a 6-year old. It was my second or third away match. Was pretty oblivious to the collapse of the 12 point lead and just enjoying the ride, remember loving this match. Seem to remember a real magpie on the pitch at half time.

He scored another too, and Asprilla's goal was a rebound from Albert shot :lol: Mad times

Fucking Keith Curle what a twat, we we’re in the main stand at Maine Road that day. Got a bit tasty in there aswell mags dotted everywhere.

Fucking Keith Curle what a twat, we we’re in the main stand at Maine Road that day. Got a bit tasty in there aswell mags dotted everywhere.

Aye, i was in there too. Was ok during the game but had a bit of an altercation at FT. Some game though.

Same here oddly. Brother was going out with a City fan so got her family tickets instead of usual away end :lol:

Kinky was class that day TBF.