General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Since when can you switch international allegiance when already capped?

Edit: Since last year apparently

https://www.forbes.com/sites/steveprice/2020/09/19/fifa-eligibility-rule-change-offers-world-cup-hopes-for-one-cap-wonders/?sh=6730e9eb511e

A few years ago Florent Malouda played for French Guiana in the CONCACAF Gold Cup having already played many times France. They were told he was inelligible but played him anyway, meaning the result of the game was voided and they forfeited. Think they decided it was worth it just to have one of their biggest stars play for them.

Did anyone do The Athletic's NUFC quiz last night? Think I noticed a couple of names.

Was good to see Shearer for a bit, whatever ended the horrific Waugh/Caulkin craic :lol:

I'm a bit disappointed with coming 15th but would've done a lot better if it wasn't just NUFC questions. Decent Friday night though.

Wish I’d known about that!

Aye, did they push it at all? I can't remember seeing it advertised anywhere even though I'm following both Caulkin and Waugh on Twitter and an Athletic subscriber.

Did anyone do The Athletic's NUFC quiz last night? Think I noticed a couple of names.

Was good to see Shearer for a bit, whatever ended the horrific Waugh/Caulkin craic :lol:

I'm a bit disappointed with coming 15th but would've done a lot better if it wasn't just NUFC questions. Decent Friday night though.

Bollocks I feckin forgot. ponsaelius[/member] how did you do?

Legend.

I was there, the Newcastle comment went unnoticed, certainly with the people around me, who all had a whale of a time. Sunderland wasn't quite so insular in those days, in my opinion.

And the gig itself was much better than how it gets reported - even to this day you hear people mocking the Glass Spider tour - it was extravagantly theatrical Bowie, come on!

Bollocks I feckin forgot. ponsaelius[/member] how did you do?

30th  :buck2: out of 120 or so. Was top 10 for a while but fell away with some stinkers in the last round.

Wish I'd done the Serie A quiz instead (you could only do one). Looked at the questions for that this morning and reckon I'd have pissed it.

One of my favourite games in recent history. We were miles better than them from the first minute to the last. I’m still a bit disappointed Kennedy didn’t turn out to be the player we thought he might be.

One of my favourite games in recent history. We were miles better than them from the first minute to the last. I’m still a bit disappointed Kennedy didn’t turn out to be the player we thought he might be.

The passing and movement on kenedys 2nd goal is millions miles away from where we are now  :sad:

2nd last match i was at, we were brilliant that day and I won 75 quid stuck a fiver on Kennedy to get the 1st goal... great weekend

I loved that season’s Kennedy. Thought we really unlocked a player who had work rate, creativity, and just about everything to be a top player.

Fuck even that version of Ritchie too.

I loved that season’s Kennedy. Thought we really unlocked a player who had work rate, creativity, and just about everything to be a top player.

f*** even that version of Ritchie too.

And Shelvey there, two assists. Quality ball over for first, good composure on third

Yeah enjoyed him on there! Was expecting him to be a total spiv, but enjoyed listening to him in end.

That channel is pretty class, decent few Newcastle related chaps on there... John Beresford, Lee Clark, Michael Bridges I think is on their Patreon...