General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

What a f***ing day that was, man.

Just the Championship but the feeling, at the end of an unbelievable season, was amazing.

Remember it well, at half time the concourse of the east stand was bouncing to the Andy Cole song for 15 minutes, crazy days.

What a f***ing day that was, man.

Just the Championship but the feeling, at the end of an unbelievable season, was amazing.

Remember it well, at half time the concourse of the east stand was bouncing to the Andy Cole song for 15 minutes, crazy days.

I went to every home game that season (no season ticket) but missed out on that one game so had to head home and watch on TV. Glory hunters :lol:

Don't wanna be startin' something...

It would be nice if the photo had included Andy Cole. I understand that Kelly will play a bigger role in his autobiography, and in that respect it's a lush photo which pays homage to those that launched the Keegan revolution.

I guess the fact that he's not even in the periphery is enough to suggest he simply hadn't bonded with them in a way that would make him want to celebrate with them, and the photo op simply never arose. But from a NUFC supporter POV a picture of the three, together, on that day would be lush.

Don't wanna be startin' something...

It would be nice if the photo had included Andy Cole. I understand that Kelly will play a bigger role in his autobiography, and in that respect it's a lush photo which pays homage to those that launched the Keegan revolution.

I guess the fact that he's not even in the periphery is enough to suggest he simply hadn't bonded with them in a way that would make him want to celebrate with them, and the photo op simply never arose. But from a NUFC supporter POV a picture of the three, together, on that day would be lush.

Cole’s role in that period can never be forgotten, from his opening goal against Notts County at home don’t think I was ever so excited in relation to a new player. I’d actually been desperate for us to sign him and couldn’t believe it when Keegan got him.

Slightly tarnished himself in my eyes with his Wembley antics, however as you mellow and get older you realise it was just youthful exuberance. His role in that period will never be forgotten he was electric.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

Was that Carver's only win.... against Steve Bruce's Hull [emoji38]

Beat West Ham on the final day.

:thup:

Of course. How could I forget that.

Beat Villa 1-0 as well.

Just listened to him on Pod on the Tyne. Came across really well, I thought. When comparing it to other players stories about contract offers, it all sounded pretty believable.

Speaking of podcasts. What other NUFC related ones are worth a listen? Only ever listen to ones in the summer about horse racing. But quite enjoyed this.

Just listened to him on Pod on the Tyne. Came across really well, I thought. When comparing it to other players stories about contract offers, it all sounded pretty believable.

Speaking of podcasts. What other NUFC related ones are worth a listen? Only ever listen to ones in the summer about horse racing. But quite enjoyed this.

He did from what I could understand!

true faith one is a good listen!