General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

6 hours ago, deejeck said:

Great, that.

Yep, three league wins and one of those was under Colin Suggett.  Will never understand how we were so shit and yet still managed to take 4 points off Liverpool.

I was at the win at Anfield. Staggering result :lol:

10 hours ago, Robster said:

I was at the win at Anfield. Staggering result :lol:

That was my first away game. 2-1 win and a Mira penalty at the Kop, shit that just never ever happened. 

Mental we took 4 points off Liverpool that season, 2-2 in the pissing rain. Frank Fucking Pingel. 

Playing Watford four times home and away in the space of a fortnight to try and resolve a cup tie, and still going out in the third round. 

Getting howked three nowt at Sheff Utd in the league Cup when they were (I think) in the third division. 

The circle of life. 

Guest neesy111
3 hours ago, 54 said:

The club really are shite in every department arnt they, Wilson named twice, and Woodman not on the list :lol:

Copywriters cost money.

Edited by neesy111

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/sport/articles-reports/2021/09/09/yougov-direct-premier-league-confidence-arsenal

Of the other teams in the league, Liverpool, Chelsea, and Manchester City all tie for the highest level of confidence, with 92% of fans for each team being confident in their squads. They are closely followed by 90% of Manchester United fans. Newcastle United fans are the least confident, at just 14%. 

Only Newcastle United manager Steve Bruce receives less confidence. Just 19% of Newcastle fans interviewed say they have confidence in him, versus 71% who do not. (compared to Arteta at Arsenal)

Some 15% of Newcastle fans think the Magpies could bring it back for a win, up from 2% before the season. Hopes have risen among nearly all teams, in fact, even among Arsenal fans. Some 18% now say that Arsenal will win the Premier League this season, up 5pts from 13% in August. (win the league) 

Newcastle United fans do not hold out high hopes for the 2021/22 season either: 25% fear relegation is likely for the team this year, up from 5% before the season began. Some 60% expect to finish towards the bottom of the table, a figure largely unchanged from pre-season, while the 30% who initially thought a mid-table finish was possible has since dropped to only 10%. 

Confidence%20final.png

confidence_premier_league_fans_win.png

Pesky Newcastle fans and their unrealistic expectations they have. Such a handy (and entirely incorrect) cliché to churn out when defending a certain manager or owner. "They expect them to be qualifying for Europe every year" they say, despite surveys like this which dismiss it out of hand and show the exact opposite of the Newcastle cliché bingo. 

Cunts. They know exactly what they're doing and it's not an accident. 

Guest neesy111

I want whatever the 30% were having thinking we were going to finish top 4 in pre-season.

These polls I find are very unreliable on who they ask.

9 hours ago, midds said:

Pesky Newcastle fans and their unrealistic expectations they have. Such a handy (and entirely incorrect) cliché to churn out when defending a certain manager or owner. "They expect them to be qualifying for Europe every year" they say, despite surveys like this which dismiss it out of hand and show the exact opposite of the Newcastle cliché bingo. 

Cunts. They know exactly what they're doing and it's not an accident. 

I’ve got pretty high expectations this season to be fair, if we don’t go down I’ll be demanding Bruce’s head and the sale of loads of players, I’d also be having strong words about Ashley outside one of his shops anarl. 

2 hours ago, neesy111 said:

I want whatever the 30% were having thinking we were going to finish top 4 in pre-season.

Pretty sure the 30% refers to mid-table, but the point stands nonetheless.

Guest neesy111
3 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

Pretty sure the 30% refers to mid-table, but the point stands nonetheless.

Yeah you're right, that's an absymal chart though.

2 hours ago, neesy111 said:

They must have done the survey in an old people's home about an hour after medication to come up with that tosh