General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I know it’s been discussed on here a lot, but I don’t get - nor do I think I’ll ever get - the whole fan channel thing and the amount of saturated content there is. From looking at Twitter there must be a dozen people trying to peddle a NUFC channel.

I can only assume everyone involved is doing it either as an ego-boost or to try and spin a few quid

Surely your average fan, of which I’m just one, isn’t that bothered? I watch every game and form my own view. I’m interested in those of others to some extent, but much prefer sharing them over a pint after the game. I’m only 33 but presumably that’d be classed as “old-fashioned” to the kids. I don’t listen to any NUFC podcasts either. With all due respect I’m honestly not that fussed in what the likes of George Caulkin or Chris Waugh think. I don’t consider them any more insightful when it comes to tactics, style of play or management than Knacka Ned in the Newcastle Arms/Irish Centre (my pre-match haunts) - they just occasionally know a little more about what’s happening by the scenes.

7 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I know it’s been discussed on here a lot, but I don’t get - nor do I think I’ll ever get - the whole fan channel thing and the amount of saturated content there is. From looking at Twitter there must be a dozen people trying to peddle a NUFC channel.

I can only assume everyone involved is doing it either as an ego-boost or to try and spin a few quid

Surely your average fan, of which I’m just one, isn’t that bothered? I watch every game and form my own view. I’m interested in those of others to some extent, but much prefer sharing them over a pint after the game. I’m only 33 but presumably that’d be classed as “old-fashioned” to the kids. I don’t listen to any NUFC podcasts either. With all due respect I’m honestly not that fussed in what the likes of George Caulkin or Chris Waugh think. I don’t consider them any more insightful when it comes to tactics, style of play or management than Knacka Ned in the Newcastle Arms/Irish Centre (my pre-match haunts) - they just occasionally know a little more about what’s happening by the scenes.

Well this is relevant to some on here because, as discussed previously in separate/specific threads, some of us are considering bringing the N-O website back in some form. Speaking only for myself, my motivation for that is purely for the joy of doing it and maybe getting a bit of a kick out of being involved in something that people think is of decent quality. And the very little amount of stuff (again, speaking only for myself) I've got down on paper so far I've thoroughly enjoyed putting together. 

Can see why people do it. That Adam P lad, can now just follow Newcastle full time. Not a bad life really. There has to be a way of making better content than standing outside the training ground though. Wouldn’t have too much of a problem with it if I felt they represented us in a good light but I’m not sure they do. Looking for example at some other clubs channels they seem less desperate, egotistical and just in general more rounded individuals than the ones that represent us. Perhaps either the exception of Arsenal.

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Well this is relevant to some on here because, as discussed previously in separate/specific threads, some of us are considering bringing the N-O website back in some form. Speaking only for myself, my motivation for that is purely for the joy of doing it and maybe getting a bit of a kick out of being involved in something that people think is of decent quality. And the very little amount of stuff (again, speaking only for myself) I've got down on paper so far I've thoroughly enjoyed putting together. 

You’re putting something in writing. You’re not intending to stalk players/managers, film yourself at games or find another way to make a tit of yourself in the process. 

Just checked out that Pearson lad's youtube channel. Does he film the whole game from his phone so he can upload the goals? Genuinely can't get my head around that. 

Just enjoy the game and the moment. It does my head in when people film a penalty, let alone doing it the whole game.

7 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Just checked out that Pearson lad's youtube channel. Does he film the whole game from his phone so he can upload the goals? Genuinely can't get my head around that. 

Just enjoy the game and the moment. It does my head in when people film a penalty, let alone doing it the whole game.

They're not football fans, they're absolute dangers trying to make money from 'content'. Truly terrifying some of the gargoyles you see hanging around the training ground. Grown adults. 

Why anyone would want to watch those shite videos is beyond me.

But here we are, in 2021, where people watch videos of other people showing them what they brought at shopping.

If you get to the point in your life where you watch shit fan videos or muck like the above, you have far too much time on your hands and should get out more.

There's the odd one or two I've watched which I've enjoyed when they've tried to make a bit of a feature of it; the Aussie guy at the Chelsea game in 18/19 and the Burnley fan who took-in the Norwich 4-3 were both good watches. 

Some of em though, Christ. Unless you've got a cracking view and a very good camera/microphone, to try and get a real sense of the occasion, they're all barely-watchable shite. It's that gormless fucker in Strawberry Corner who films the whole game on selfie mode that I really can't understand people wanting to watch. :lol:

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

There's the odd one or two I've watched which I've enjoyed when they've tried to make a bit of a feature of it; the Aussie guy at the Chelsea game in 18/19 and the Burnley fan who took-in the Norwich 4-3 were both good watches. 

Some of em though, Christ. Unless you've got a cracking view and a very good camera/microphone, to try and get a real sense of the occasion, they're all barely-watchable shite. It's that gormless fucker in Strawberry Corner who films the whole game on selfie mode that I really can't understand people wanting to watch. :lol:

Yeah, I don't mind those ones so much, and can be interesting - that's a bit different, those are like amateur documentaries by football fans checking out different clubs. When you're a fan at your own club sitting on your phone at SJP every week :anguish:

Edited by Inferior Acuña

4 hours ago, Foluwashola said:

They're not football fans, they're absolute dangers trying to make money from 'content'. Truly terrifying some of the gargoyles you see hanging around the training ground. Grown adults. 

Can you remember Teeth Girl with her unhealthy obsession with Danny Guthrie?

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Came across this, this guy has loads of songs about our players, fucking creased listening. :lol:

:lol: wonder if he's seen it

Put on a random bit and the line "I know he's from Wales man, seems like he's from Jesmond". He's 1/4 Welsh, he is from Newcastle. The whole theme of the song is 'we love him *like* a local lad'.

The EI EI EI O bit. He's got a geordie accent at times but sounds very Jamaican and Puerto Rican influenced a lot of the stuff....

edit:

shit got 'Fabian Schar, Fabian Shar woahohoh, he's like a Maradona at the back, Fabian Schar, Fabian Shar woahohoh scoring like Shearer in attack' stuck in my head now.

edit again:

Here's a 1 hour version of the ASM one if you were wondering

Edited by Inferior Acuña